18' 86 Cheetah 180

joelkatdaddy

Recruit
Hey, my name is Joel and i have ventured into the boating world at age 23. I recently sold my old play truck (S10 blazer with a 430hp small block). WIth the money i bought tires for the Titan and a boat. I found this boat locally and really liked the styling and the fact that I've never seen another around. The boat mechanically is in great shape. The previous owner took decent care of it with the exception of a few things. He has recipts totalling over 4k of repairs. Mainly the outdrive being rebuilt with a new upper unit. The motor checked out great. I did a compression check before i bought it and my lowest number was 110psi and the max was 120psi. I do believe the motor has been out at one time due to having a chrome oil pan...not a fan of it, but oh well. Reason for posting in this area is due to the work that will be taking place in a few months of replacing the interior and making some changes to the layout. The vinyl now is in rough shape and has all been gutted. Im waiting for winter to set in to set in to start redoing the wood and re-wrapping them with vinyl. Ill post up a quick pic from my phone and in the next day or so ill take some pictures of the entire boat.

Does anyone know anything about these boats. Seems as if they have been forgotten.
Thanks, Joel

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0

joelkatdaddy

Recruit
Re: 18' 86 Cheetah 180

Lol, i was trying to remember how to do that, i havent used any forums for a few months now. I figured it out.
boat.jpg

Also, for fun, here is a vid of my old blazer running. 421 ci SBC, 700r4, Fuel injected. Still had Ac, cruise, and all. Sorta miss the ol' truck...The vid is thru mufflers as well. Just a touch loud