40hp evinrude fuel problem?

ge15mw

Cadet
i was out yesterday and after riding around for about 2 hours with no problems the motor started to spit and sputter and then just died. would start back up again and got a little throttle out of it and then it died again. now it starts and idles fine but if you try to give it any throttle at all it craps out. i checked the fuel filter and checked the fuel line from the tank and it flows freely and the filter was clean. any chance of it being just a piece of gunk caught in a jet in the carbs? any info is greatly appreciated!

ge15mw

Cadet
Re: 40hp evinrude fuel problem?

oh yeah forgot to mention. i had to idle all the way across the lake back to the dock!:( (of course it happend on the other side of the lake)

62panshovel

Recruit

Yep, mine did that too. Found small pieces of what I believe to be disintegrated fuel line at the high speed jet which is what I believe Tasahasdaddy is referring you to. Check the Ethanol Poisoning link and the carb rebuild link. These guys are great and there is a wealth of info here...

ge15mw

Cadet

Thanks guys, the model number is E40TELCUD, serial:G 1457360. im not sure what year it is ill have to look it up.