Catfish clean foreclosed homes pools

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Catfish clean foreclosed homes pools

Good idea!! People here use them in there man made ponds with the landscape plastic, but would never have thought to put them in pools where the houses are sitting empty and without electricity, Just learned something new. Thanks

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I gotta look up Wellington. I'm going fishin':D

That is an ingenious idea...until the (insert group here) get a hold of it.:(

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good Idea, poor article.

The fish can not be released back into lakes. They are not, or aren't supposed to be, native fish

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I gotta ask what happens to all the catfish poop?

Seem they are replacing one problem with another.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Good Idea, poor article.

The fish can not be released back into lakes. They are not, or aren't supposed to be, native fish

My thoughts exactly...those fish are not native as far as I know. I believe they are from South America...who is in charge of these programs???

dlngr

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe they should be using Asian Carp. I know where they can get millions of 'em. FREE!

j_martin

Admiral

We always used to throw a couple of bullheads in the water trough for the horses. They're tough as nails, and keep it pretty clean. Sometimes the horses are entertained by them also. We had one pony that would jam his whole head in the water trough and look around for the fish.

They could have been released back to the river, but they usually succumbed to an accident, either letting the water trough run dry or freeze up.

gonefishie

Commander

Catfish???????don't look like any catfish to me. NO clever person I know would ever dump seven grands worth of chemical into an abandoned pool. They could have just drain the freaking thing. This is one of those things when you just have to say WTF?

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Catfish???????don't look like any catfish to me. NO clever person I know would ever dump seven grands worth of chemical into an abandoned pool. They could have just drain the freaking thing. This is one of those things when you just have to say WTF?

We planted suckers out of the local river into my daughters 10 acre pond to control the algae.
I spent 15 years in the property management business, and in order to get rid of cockroaches in a vacant apartment we would go down to the local pet store and buy a few Geckos and let them loose in the apartment.
We would have to make sure and keep the apartment very warm in order for this to work, but you could come back in 10 days and the Apartment would be bug free.

mscher

Lieutenant

Draining the pool?

Now, don't go throwing common sense, into this story. ;)

Huron Angler

Admiral

We always used to throw a couple of bullheads in the water trough for the horses. They're tough as nails, and keep it pretty clean. Sometimes the horses are entertained by them also. We had one pony that would jam his whole head in the water trough and look around for the fish.

They could have been released back to the river, but they usually succumbed to an accident, either letting the water trough run dry or freeze up.

Now that is a funny little story:D Thanks for sharing that...I catch bullhead all the time and never new they could be used for things. I did know that they are slippery, tough, and full of energy. My girlfriend's grandfather has three horses:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

We planted suckers out of the local river into my daughters 10 acre pond to control the algae.
I spent 15 years in the property management business, and in order to get rid of cockroaches in a vacant apartment we would go down to the local pet store and buy a few Geckos and let them loose in the apartment.
We would have to make sure and keep the apartment very warm in order for this to work, but you could come back in 10 days and the Apartment would be bug free.

What did you use to eat the Gecko poop ??

Adjuster

Petty Officer 1st Class

In Florida you cant drain pools and leave them dry over an amount of time. The water table will float the pool right out of the ground like a boat on water.

gonefishie

Commander

In Florida you cant drain pools and leave them dry over an amount of time. The water table will float the pool right out of the ground like a boat on water.

Really? Thanks for educating me. So do they have above ground burial like New Orlean?