Help! Buying new boat, 2009 Crownline 180 BR or 2008 FOUR WINNS H190

Freeborn53

Cadet
2009 Crownline 180 BR, 4.3 Mercruiser 4.3L Alpha, Bimini top, similar as below
$19999.00

2008 FOUR WINNS H190, Save $$$ on this year end closeout! 1 ONLY PRICE. $19,999 This boat comes with a 4.3 Volvo 190hp, Ocean Blue accent color with silver stripe, drivers flip up seat bolster, walk thru curtain, cockpit and bow covers, in dash depth finder, deluxe steering wheel with tilt, extended swim platform, black powder coated trailer with swing tongue, Sony AM/FM/CD/Sirius stereo with iPod/MP3 port, Tach with hour meter

O.K. HELP!
I mostly boating on Lake Washington, Columbia river. Not to muck skiing or tubing, no saltwater. Both boats seem about the same and both salesman claim that theirs is the better boat.
So which one?

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help! Buying new boat, 2009 Crownline 180 BR or 2008 FOUR WINNS H190

Go with the most reliable power-plant....Volvo Penta. I'm not just saying that because I own a FW's either. Most people will tell ya the same.

Both are superb rigs though. You'll have a blast no matter which one you end up with. Send pics!!!

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Which has the longer warranty? They are probably very similar, if not identical. I would go with the Four Winns, a foot larger, maybe a little slower, but should help in choppy water.

Fun Times

Staff member

If you are ever in need of parts the four winns dealers have a varry nice system with photos to look up there parts, It makes it easy while trying to find parts. And I have been told that some where on the web you can look up your own part numbers before calling a dealer if you wanted to. And four winns has there stuff toghther for the most part when it comes to getting parts from them. And four winns makes there own trailers and parts are easy to get also. Sorry but i do not know about crowlines parts system at all.