My Evinrude Videos

SS140

Banned
I went out today and had a buddy take some videos. The audio is pretty rough so you cant hear the running rough, but there are a couple that you can hear the spitting, wont idle and hard starting.

Im beginning to think somthing was overlooked on the carbs, maybe somthing is damaged?

Let me know what you guys think, videos are on my Youtube page: www.youtube.com/mkitch

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: My Evinrude Videos

Basic health check. Compression, spark, plug condition, link n sync. You infer that the carb's have been rebuilt. How was it before the carb work ??

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

I agree with kenmyfam, do a spark check and a basic health check and report back.

Jeff.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

OK, if i remember correctly you have good compression and spark. you have properly cleaned the carbs. have you check timing? http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=228183. you motor should be timed at 19* BTC, so using Joes method, you want to read 15* BTC.

it wants to run.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Once you set your timing, Joes method is excellent by the way, if it still doesn't want to run I would run through the carbs again, compressed air, stranded wire through jets and work on newspaper rather than a rag so you don't get lint.

I have cleaned my carbs 3 times before I got it right before,3rd time cleaned all passages with a wire adn finally got it, this was after I changed all the electronics and rewired the engine of coarse, all of it needed done anyhow.

It is frustrating when you get it to almost run, you are really close but not there yet, I feel your pain.

SS140

Banned

awesome guys, thanks for the replys.

I will check timing and refer to Joe's method.