1997 Sea Rayder w/Merc 175 jet, no spark

Mic1227

Cadet
Hello all,

Can anyone give me any ideas on this thing. It is a 97 Sea Rayder with 98 hours on it. This ran fine last weekend and went to start it today and no spark ! Turns over and i unscrewed the ignition switch/ safety lanyard panel from side of the boat and tested both wires from key switch (key on both have feed) and the four wires off the safety laynard three have feed while pushing the start button. I am using a test light so I cannot tell you what the voltage is. One has no feed even when turning engine over, it is a double black wire. My owners manual supplement shows a wiring diagram but only shows one black wirk coming off it and goes back toward the ignition modcule. Can the swifter safety swith be bad and still allow motor to turn over but stop the spark ? When shifter is moved will not turn over but when in neutrual it does turn over butno spark so must be working at least partial. I am stumped ? Any ideas ? Thank for your time and any help !
Mike

JayH2112

Cadet
Re: 1997 Sea Rayder w/Merc 175 jet, no spark

I am having the same issue and plan on getting started on it tomorrow. Here is a link to a great diagnostic website. Look under troubleshooting guide.