what the heck is it?????

oops!

Supreme Mariner
on our lake....we have quite a few nhl ers that have houses here. a few movie stars and even a govenator also have homes here.

the other day i was out in the bilge liner with mrs oops and no klu, when we heard a deep throated go fast.....some where on the lake!

we looked around

interiorset5008.jpg

there it was

interiorset5010.jpg

i know from the hull design it wasnt the vector bat boat that is produced here......so i decided to be one of those jerks that drives up to your boat to "have a look"

interiorset5015.jpg

the name on the side was outer limits

i couldnt talk to the owner because of the closed cockpit.....i wanted to find out what kind of hull it was.

interiorset5022.jpg

we saw it up close at the dock at the eldorado hotel

interiorset5033.jpg

as far as i could tell it had twins.....the drives were not arenson....but i think they were trs.

no klu googled outer limits and it said that this is a 170 mph boat !!!!...(that i just do not beleive....another wild manufacturer claim)

has anyone ever seen this type of hull or know of this manufacturer?.....this is one fantastic looking boat!

mmccoy555

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: what the heck is it?????

outer limits is actually a well known offshore race boat. That looks like the GTX series. I have a buddy who hauls for them. YOu should see some of these things.

ziggy

Admiral

mighty stylish lookin go fast for sure. i wonder if it has a/c in it. looks like it could get hot in there...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No rod holders. Ought to be banned.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, Outer Limits. 170? Perhaps. We (not me personally, but at the lake) have a couple of similar units with twin 1075s that'll do 160+. The MTIs are somewhat locally built and will do 180+. During holiday weekends we have several closed cockpit boats that'll come in from all over and run pedal to the metal in a convoy. Some have triple 1075s.

Maybe that's why the lake has the Offshore Power Boat Championships here.

NautiMarine is headquartered about a mile or so east of me and he'll run close to 200 during the early morning hours testing props and motor setups.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class

OldePharte is right. Some of these boats are not only running twin 1075s, but some run triples or even quad 1075s. Check out this website. http://www.offshoreonly.com

or do a google search for MTI Powerboats.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Uh.. is that a ski ring between those two vent on the back?:eek:

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Holy Smoke,...
Is the Owner a Priest who smokes Weed or somethin',..??

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Uh.. is that a ski ring between those two vent on the back?:eek:

That would be one helluva ride right there. . Seriously, why would you put a ski tow ring on that thing?! I may attempt tubing behind that thing, might be fun. .

bekosh

Lieutenant

outer limits is actually a well known offshore race boat. That looks like the GTX series. I have a buddy who hauls for them. YOu should see some of these things.
Yup. A GTX.
http://www.outerlimitspowerboats.com/GTX.htm

No rod holders. Ought to be banned.
Yup. Rod holders should be banned. Fishing from a boat is like texting in a car. To much of a distraction from safe driving.;)
That would be one helluva ride right there. . Seriously, why would you put a ski tow ring on that thing?! I may attempt tubing behind that thing, might be fun. .
Maybe one of those Kite Tubes. :eek:

mmccoy555

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Might as well just go barefoot. Ya know it's gonna hurt regardless.

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer

Call me crazy, but I wanna try that skiing thing. That looks fun. . Hey, at least they're wearing helmets. They couldn't be as dumb as that guy who DDT'd his friend off the roof onto the table on the ground below, or what about roof surfing?? :eek:

The only thing that concerns me about that video is, how fast exactly are they skiing, AND WHY THE HECK IS THERE A SPEEDING CIGARETTE BOAT DIRECTLY BEHIND THEM WHILE THEY ARE SKIING?!?!?!:eek::eek: