Ladie's Dog saves her life

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander
I was watching the show "I survived". And this Lady was running in the desert somewhere in the mountain west, very remote area, and very rocky. So she goes off an a seldem used trail, and slips on a rock, and slides down a very steep ledge 40 ft, the free falls another 20 ft. She lands and shatters her pelvis bone. She can only crawl a short distance to a puddle of water.

So she lays here with her dog Tazz for 5 days. Then she gets desperate, and looks into her dog's eyes, and says "I need help, Go get help" she said they locked eyes, and kinda connected, and she knew he understood. He quickly left, and went back to her truck. Rescuers were at the truck, investigating. They followed the dog back the trail to where she is lying, and they save her. They said the would have never found her without the dog.

Amazing story, really speaks to how dogs can read your feelings, and they know when you are in trouble.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Ladie's Dog saves her life

Dogs are absolutely amazing creatures, they never fail to in giving 100% a 100% of the time.;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Mans (or woman's) best friend without a doubt !!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tasha talks to me all the time. here expressions tell me what see wants. and she understands most of what i say. of course she will not do it in public.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

Our dog, Boggie, has playful moods, and has tired moods, and energetic moods, just like us. He knows when he does something bad by my tone, and knows when he does something good by the same way.

Sometimes I will lay down to do crunches in front of him, and I think he wonders if i am hurt. They don't know what words mean, but the are experts in non verbal cues, and voice tone. He would sense when you are in pain, and when you are about to die. I have never seen this in any other pet, not even close to the way you can communicate with a dog.

One more thing about this story, The dog came back ahead of the rescuers, and he started licking the tears from her face, and he was in a happy mood. 5 mins later she heard the sound of an engine coming to her. The dog was trying to cheer her up cuz he knew she was saved.

jeffnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Not sure mine could save my life, but he sure makes it worth living!

mermer.jpg

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

Did you drive that down the the bahamas?

bandit86

Banned

my dog would have ran for help as long as nothing shiney came her way, then she'd be off chasing it

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

i thought cuba was the closest caribean island to fl. at 80 miles. I didn't realize it was only a 55 mile run.

Still a risk in a boat that size, but i guess not crazy, and it is probally a fairly busy water way.