Leaking Fresh Water Tank

weldorman

Recruit
I have a 44' Nauticat that has a large pvc frest water tank that has developed a crack near the bottom. I have taken the top of the tank off and I can get to to opening from the inside. What can I use that is OK for potable water to repair?:confused:

selcuk

Recruit
Re: Leaking Fresh Water Tank

I have a 44' Nauticat that has a large pvc frest water tank that has developed a crack near the bottom. I have taken the top of the tank off and I can get to to opening from the inside. What can I use that is OK for potable water to repair?:confused:

I also have a nauticat 44; and I had a crack near the bottom in my fresh water tank. Since it was not a polyethilene, no welding worked.
I am in Gocek/Fethiye of Turkey, a paradise for yatching. A highly competent marine expert in Gocek, Nasuh KORKUT (GSM 05322656474) and his assistant Murat Aslan, a marine engineering student in the University (GSM 05343341273) repaired it sucessfully; first by cutting a v-shape groove at each side of the crack, then filled this groove with two-component epoxy adhesive. When it is completly dried, they put lots of W?rtz sika on the area& patched it by a piece of stainless steel plate, and screwed it in place. They closed the manhole -which they cut- by puting a lip around and sticking with sika and bolts. It is quite successful up to now & seems to be a permenant solution.
Thanks to these two gentlemen.
Ahmet