Zodiac S131 (Costco special)

Jgweb2000

Cadet
I have an old S131 Zodiac inflatable that I want to get in shape to use with a motor.

We have gone through two sets of the two rear floorboards (the two held together with the aluminum rails.) The problem is that one of the aluminum rails will bend up and break the tabs that hold it on.

The first set did it over time and are only slightly warped, we got the second set used from Inflatable Boat Center, the wooden support rails on the boards themselves were rotted and we ended up swapping those out for the ones on the original pair.

I was wondering any tips on what floorboard to buy, is there a new metal floorboard system I can get, and most of all how can I avoid this problem in the future.

We intend on pushing the boat with a 6hp suzuki motor.

Thanks for all the help
Jgweb2000

Jgweb2000

Cadet
Re: Zodiac S131 (Costco special)

I realized that I should have posted this in the inflatable/rib section, i got a link to this part of the forum off google.

Turns out we were assembling the boat incorrectly, putting the two boards with "tabs" at the back of the boat and the board that is supposed to go in between them right in front of them. We thought the aluminum runners were supposed to go on those "tabs" but it turns out those are stoppers for the runners.

Miscommunication on assembling the boat from my dad, let this be an example of what not to do :)

Jgweb2000