what is the timming adjuster and bracket called

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i went to check the timming. and that bracket that hooks to the cdi box was broke the knob that u twist broke the threads on the main bracket. i need a new one but dont know what its called. dont see it in the parts list

jonesg

Admiral
Re: what is the timming adjuster and bracket called

It hard to get help when no-one even knows what engine,
HP , yr and model number.

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It hard to get help when no-one even knows what engine,
HP , yr and model number.

its a 1990 200gt model #vj200slese i figgered that all motors would have that and the name for them would be the same its the bracket that moves the cdi box and moves when press the gas has the twist knob to adjust the timming

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i assume you mean the timing plate, but description is poor. you can see complete diagrams and part #s here. http://shop2.evinrude.com/ext/index.aspx?s1=bf6ad09c53cead335fcfd8a6471c0f7f

I really dont know what to call this thing. Thats why i posted asking what it is. THIS thing is a roung tube with a rod that hooks to the cdi and the carb plate bracket. it has the rod in it with a spring and the end has a knob that twist.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

take a picture of it, and a full picture of that side of the motor so we can see where it is.

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

take a picture of it, and a full picture of that side of the motor so we can see where it is.

Much like this boat motor stuff. Computers im not good with. I dont know how to add pitcures to the site. This thing i took it off. It was on the right side of the motor. It has a rod and spring in the middle. That rod hooked to the timing plate. And the other end had the knob that twisted to adjust the timing. That is where it broke. Ive looked in the manual and that web site. i cant find what its called i see it in the book but it doesnt name it. sorry i cant send the pic,

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In the manual it says expansion link i guess thats what its called

F_R

Supreme Mariner

I see all that linkage stuff shown on the BRP Johnson parts website, but I'm not smart enough to know what you are describing. It is shown on the cylinder and crankcase page.

daselbee

Commander

Look your motor up on shop.evinrude.com and go to the "cylinder and crankcase" section. I believe you are talking about part #91 and #81 and all the parts associated with the "spark advance link".

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

That rod adjusts the idle by changing the timing at idle. It's setting (at idle) has no effect on top end timing (full advance) at all.

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That rod adjusts the idle by changing the timing at idle. It's setting (at idle) has no effect on top end timing (full advance) at all.

yeah i cant find this part anywhere is there a way to mod, it

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look your motor up on shop.evinrude.com and go to the "cylinder and crankcase" section. I believe you are talking about part #91 and #81 and all the parts associated with the "spark advance link".

yes it is part #81 they dont make them anymore i dont know what to do now

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Just go to a newer year. They changed the design but they all do the same thing.

daselbee

Commander

Just go to a newer year. They changed the design but they all do the same thing.

Yes, all the way through to 1999 (if off a Johnson). Maybe even later....
The new design is better, too.