pistons clicking/low compression

mpistel

Cadet
I was running all morn. i loaded up and went to lunch, then i decided to go back out. about 15 mins. into the ride out it started clicking. so i turned around and when i got back to the dock the motor stalled and the flywheel would not move forward. I lost compression in one cylinder. the motor clicks when i try to start it and does not fire. are my pistons damaged? its a 6 hp chrysler two stroke with two cylinders help????

tradin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: pistons clicking/low compression

sounds like its seized up my friend :confused:

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

is it turning over now?i think u need to pull the head and see what u have.maybe a broken ring maybe worse when u pull the head u should be able to tell

mpistel

Cadet

I can get the flywheel to move once i twist it backwards then i can turn it forward is that seized up since i can move it?

mpistel

Cadet

i can move the fly wheel but nothing happens when i pull the starter cord, but the clicking

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

i would not move the flywheel too much incase you have a broken ring or something in the cylinder.pull the plugs and look in there with a light and see what you can see.how do you know you dropped compression on 1 cylinder? you might have broke a rod.its hard to say intill you start getting in to the engine

mpistel

Cadet

Theres a broken rod but there is no way to get ahold of one from the manufacturer. any ideas???