That's why you have a bilage pump

sheboyganjohn

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Since I have been entertained by all the other posts here I have decided to share one of my own.

When I was in my early 20's my father-in-law let me use his 16' Lund on a camping trip with my wife up in Door County, WI. I had spent time with him out on Lake Michigan in Milwaukee so I decided to take a trip out on Green Bay (part of Lake Michigan for the unfamiliar). It was rough that day, mainly rollers, and was going along with my wife in the front of the boat with the two dogs by her. Every wave I hit the spray would come right back in my face due to a slight cross wind. My wife thought that was hillarious. Well, I decided to get even with her. The next roller I went up, I put it in neutral at the top of the wave. I figured I would splash the water up around the bow on the next wave and get her wet. Well it went a little better then planned, I speared the next roller and soaked her, along with almost washing the dogs out the back of the boat. She is in a panic thinking we are going to sink, I calmly responded "that's what a bilage pump is for" and turned it on. Thank God I did not sink the boat that day, would not wanted to have to explain that one to the father-in-law. I think that pump ran the whole 30 minutes back to the dock.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: That's why you have a bilage pump

Well that sounds like a horrible idea.....that went perfectly :)

Rowroy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I bet she didn't laugh anymore!

Nandy

Commander

Hey y'all, watch this!!!!