broke my speed sensor fin off..speedo don't work. can't find it online?

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class
the speed sensing fin on the back of my ski boat got broke off where can I buy one online? haven't seen one online yet.

thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: broke my speed sensor fin off..speedo don't work. can't find it online?

Not to cheat iboats out a sale but save the shipping cost by waltzing into your local WalMart. Couple of bucks and you are back in business. Actually any local store that sells fishing/boating supplies (or even boat dealers) have them although WalMart will be the cheapest.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

In all reality the best thing for you do is scrap that speedo gizmo and buy a decent GPS. There are two items on a boat that are highly unreliable: one being your speedo and the other your fuel gauge. Take that with a grain of salt if desired.

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

anyone know where i can get one with just the 3 mounting holes like my original instead of a universal? that way I don't have to get one with more mounting holes than I need. thanks

Picture010-4.jpg

arks

Lieutenant Commander

anyone know where i can get one with just the 3 mounting holes like my original instead of a universal?

The one I referenced will work without drilling any additional holes.
That's why it's "universal". :)

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know but it has additional holes other than the 3 that I need. I'd perfer to buy one that just has the 3 holes that I need instead of a univeral with more holes or offset holes.

would just LOOK better going with one like my original instead of a universal..yanno?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

When you install the new one.... make sure you put sone 3m5200 or 3m4200 on the screw threads.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Ya know..... Sometimes it easier to just buy a new boat. :D

Bondo

Staff member

would just LOOK better going with one like my original instead of a universal..yanno?

Ayuh,....

Considering that it lives Underwater,+ Nobody will ever See it,....
I fail to See your Issue,....

Yanno......

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ayuh,....

Considering that it lives Underwater,+ Nobody will ever See it,....

Yanno......

Guess I just have higher standards than you.

yanno......

btw..people bondo kinda follows my threads picking at them so that is directed at him nobody else.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

guess if you want the original and not a universal... be prepared to pay 3 or 4 times that for a trivial little piece of plastic. with some white 3m5200 I'm sure you can make the universal one 'look'... well... good.

Bondo

Staff member

Guess I just have higher standards than you.

yanno......

btw..people bondo kinda follows my threads picking at them so that is directed at him nobody else.

Ayuh,... I guess that's Why you maintain 2 seperate Identities SamBtron/weider1717,....

Just so you can keep asking the Same Stupid questions, Over,+ Over,+ Over,+ Over,+ Over again....

Funny how you also keep getting the Same Answers, Over,+ Over,+ Over,+ Over,+ Over again....
In all reality the best thing for you do is scrap that speedo gizmo and buy a decent GPS.

Btw,... IF you had Higher standards than Myself,....
You'd take gcboat's tip,+ get Rid of the pitot tube speedo all together....

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

funny how you follow my threads making smartbutt comments over and over and over again.

You obviously stay on a dang boat forum 24/7 and make it your life however don't know squat..and you also play the internet tuff guy role.

bet you wouldn't say crap to me 1 on 1 in person...I can't stand internet tuff guys. What a wuss.

Bondo

Staff member

however don't know squat

Hmmmmm,....

You're the 1 Asking the Questions,....
And,...
I'm Sure there are Thousands of Boaters who Know that I post the Right Answers,...
Most of the time....

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmmmm,....

You're the 1 Asking the Questions,....
And,...
I'm Sure there are Thousands of Boaters who Know that I post the Right Answers,...
Most of the time....

It's that you throw in your smart comments too much..I don't care if you don't see why I don't want to go with a universal that shouldn't matter to you and if it does why comment on it.

I obviously know for sure I don't want a universal on it I don't care if you don't get why I don't! either you can direct me to one thats not universal or you can't...and more on.

no need for your smart yankee comments.

thanks my point

for example look at what your FIRST wrote..don't tell me it wasn't a smart comment.

this was my reason "would just LOOK better going with one like my original instead of a universal..yanno?"

and here was your response..

"Considering that it lives Underwater,+ Nobody will ever See it,....

Yanno......"

you through in the "yanno" like I typed earlier...trying to be a smart azz.

thats your problem man.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The only way to get that exact pitot assembly is to buy a complete new identical speedo kit including gage. all of the aftermarket pitots are universal even the high end faria stuff. there is no money in it for companys to mass produce so many different parts like that when they can reach a larger market by selling a universal item like that.

weider1717

Petty Officer 1st Class

The only way to get that exact pitot assembly is to buy a complete new identical speedo kit including gage. all of the aftermarket pitots are universal even the high end faria stuff. there is no money in it for companys to mass produce so many different parts like that when they can reach a larger market by selling a universal item like that.

thanks, I just figured you could buy the fin by itself, I don't care what brand or whatever just that it only has the holes thats needed.

thanks

Chiliando

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OP,

If what bothers you about the universal is the additional empty holes, you could cut off the heads of screws and glue them to the empty holes. This way it will look the way it would if you in fact needed all the holes.

Just an option.