Time is wrong on my posts????

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
How come the time is not correct when i post on here? If say its Noon when I post, when I submit it shows 1:00 when i look at it in the forum. My clock is correct in the lower right corner, my bios clock is correct on my motherboard, and my clock on my router and my cisco firewall are all correct. Also my time zone is set properly in windows. Im running windows XP Pro SP3 if that matters. Its not really a problem, just one of those things that bugs me. Just wondering if anyone else gets this problem. I know we have some friends from different parts of the world with a lot of different time zones. Thanks, Andy

i386

Captain
Re: Time is wrong on my posts????

The time comes from the server on which the site is hosted, not your PC's time. The only thing you really have control over is your time zone which you can set in the User CP. I also noticed the time was off and checked the settings in my User CP. They were correct (GMT -5 for me).

I don't think the problem is on "our end".

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Forum clock appears to be off by one hour. It is 1:10 here now and the clock at the bottom of the post says it is 2:10. I would just adjust my time zone so the clock is correct.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Happened once a couple of weeks ago and then after the mini-crash last Thursday. Has to do with Daylight Savings Time etc. iboats is aware and working on it . . .

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thought it was just me or something i was drinking.....lol!!!:confused:

Its the Iboats Time Warp!:eek:

Its actually 58 minutes off by my system time....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The easiest way to fix this is....

Adjust all of your clocks, watches, radios, ditigal clocks and your computer to iboat time :D

There.....that was easy!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just wait 'til he fixes it. Replies will be posted before the post they are replying to.

Happened last time and confused a bunch of us.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Usually the time on a computer is a quick fix. Unless, of course, all the fixers went to D.C. to witness the inauguration. Then it may be a couple of days.:D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Actually if we all ignore it...... it will be correct the 2nd Sunday of March when we "spring ahead"