7":14"

mthieme

Captain
Re: 7":14"

I gave up shoveling a dozen years ago or so.
We had a 3-4 foot dumping (rare), it was wet snow - good and heavy, and my back hurt the rest of the week.
I have a Farmall Cub with a 7' blade on the front now.
Two swipes and I'm back in front of the fireplace!
(well, I do all the neighbors driveways too - two swipes apiece and I'm back in front of the fireplace)

You're more than welcome to borrow the tractor. Just travel SW 1600 miles or so until you start seeing houses with 2-3-4 boats in every driveway. I'm the one with the Searay.

aspeck

Staff member

Send it our way ... it is supposed to warm up and turn to rain by the time it gets here ... :(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I use a 3/4 ton and a 9' plow. Yup right now it is a blistering 4 degrees ;) and it is going to get warmer on Wednesday ....... op to a high of 38 with rain!

chiefalen

Captain

I got a 3 stage young 50 year old craftsman tank that can throw rocks. Chain driven.

I had to put in a new connecting rod 3 years ago i don't know why, like i said it's only 50 years old.

Funny part is the local guy had it oem part, with five inch's of dust on the box said 1.50 on the box and charged me 15.00 go figure inflation.

mthieme

Captain

I had to buy a rod for a little 205cc B&S motor this summer - $12.00.
By the time I bought the gaskets, etc. - it was close to $50.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

had to post this for you guys up north,

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Fog is starting to develop, but we have some warm days ahead. With the heat, moisture is soon to follow.

Today is warmer with temps in the mid 70s on average. Winds will become more southeasterly .

Wednesday will be warm with highs reaching near 80 degrees. A few scattered light showers will be possible. The warm and humid air will provide the set up for thunderstorms Thursday.

A system that has yet to develop in the Gulf will form Wednesday and cross north Florida Thursday evening with rain lasting into Friday

chiefalen

Captain

x-mas we will be in Orlando, 4-5 days , then it's on to west palm beach to my mommy's place.

Seems her front brakes are sqreeching, she won't bring it to anyone, has to be me who fix's it.

So i have to hump my tools 2100 miles one way to do the work.

Already found out that there is a pep boys 3 blocks from her condo.

Total with new front rotors, and brake pads, 100 bucks.

Bring it to someone 700-800 bucks easy.

getinmerry

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been in the single digits here in NY. Ice storm last night into this morning. Raining now. Also leaving for Orlando this Sunday for a week at WDW. Looking forward to the trip as winter started way too early in Western NY this year and I'm already burned out on it (already have had over 50" of snow- almost 100" have fallen at our lake place about an hour south of us).

We'll get back just in time to enjoy a traditional "white Christmas" with family. Then start the depression all over again after. :(

mthieme

Captain

You'll have good weather in Orlando. I'm not going.
Every time I do, a black cloud follows.
The first time I went over a New Year's holiday, they set a record low - 31 degrees. Daytime averages were in the mid-high 40's. Second time over a Thanksgiving holiday - it rained profusely the whole time except the travel days.
There was a third time that was less hateful, but I'm done.

mphy98

Lieutenant

had to post this for you guys up north,

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Fog is starting to develop, but we have some warm days ahead. With the heat, moisture is soon to follow.

Today is warmer with temps in the mid 70s on average. Winds will become more southeasterly .

Wednesday will be warm with highs reaching near 80 degrees. A few scattered light showers will be possible. The warm and humid air will provide the set up for thunderstorms Thursday.

A system that has yet to develop in the Gulf will form Wednesday and cross north Florida Thursday evening with rain lasting into Friday

my dad used to do the same thingso from me to you pppppppppffffffffffftttttttt:D

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

I do have a 9'2" V plow on my F350 and a snowblower on my JD rider + a Gehl 3510 skid steer. Also have shovels for the kids!:eek::D Almost done snowing now.:(

akmoosehauler

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Would love to have that snow to be able to go out hunting for caribou and wolf's. All our snow is now ice. We haven't had a good 2 week blizzard in quite awhile.