Don't laugh it worked

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So Yesterday I went to the gas station to put some gas in my truck (1999 Dodge Ram 1500 ext cab 4x4) so i could go get the big screen that was givin to me :D, I put in $20 worth of gas went in and paid for it came back out and my truck was dead :mad:, now i don't meen dead battery it had plenty of juice but wouldn't crank at all. I called my wife to come pull me home, now mind you my wife drives a 2001 Ford Taurus :eek:. I wasn't a big deal because I was only a quarter of a mile from home but boy did we get some strange looks and a few people pointed and laughed :cool:.
001-3.jpg

j_martin

Admiral
Re: Don't laugh it worked

I pulled my 1 ton dodge van (15 passenger) home with my dodge colt. It was only a block, and the colt had more gears than most semi's, but it was a pretty good tug.

Gave all the onlookers a pretty good laugh, I'm sure.

John

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

We've had to resort to a similar situation a time or two. Now a days we have a car dolly that comes in pretty handy but we also have 3 trucks around now a days.

In high school I towed my buddies old caprice classic with a 3 cylinder geo metro after flooding the motor by driving it through deep puddles. My parent passed us which made it more interesting. Oh the stories that geo could tell. Hanging from a tree, four wheeling, driving to McDonalds in reverse in the snow at 2 am.....

jcsercsa

Captain

OOHH man Neil , what was it ?? the starter ??? did you get her going ??? John

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Sorry, I have to send this link to my brother in law. He's a big Dodge truck fan and I'm always riding him about driving a Chevy/Ford and pulling a Dodge. To see a Ford pull the Dodge, just makes it too funny.:D

I drive a minivan, so I'm not one to be poking fun:redface:

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

In a pinch one time i pulled a S-10 with another S-10. Nothing strange there BUT we used a GARDEN HOSE!!!!! It worked but was kinda streachy at times. LOL

45Auto

Commander

Several years ago the water pump went out on my 1987 Toyota pick up when towing my 18' Bayliner home. Called my kid, had him bring the '97 Lesabre from home. Didn't want to leave the boat or truck beside the road where they were (probably wouldn't have been much left when I got back) so I hooked the Toyota to the Buick with the tow strap and towed them BOTH back home with the Buick! Must have looked like a train going down the road, got plenty of looks and giggles!

mthieme

Captain

You should see the looks I get from pulling stuff around with my 1945 Farmall A.
One neighbor has pictures of me launching my SeaRay with it.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Yea but you did not toe it with a garden hose! LOL

zaroba

Petty Officer 3rd Class

lol. i just use triple A for those sorta problems :p

CalCpeKid

Cadet

Back in the '70s on my way into the race track, my '71 Dodge truck vapor locked, towed the rest of the way to the pits with a '64 Ford stockcar.
Got a real cheer from the grandstands.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

Back in 1984/1985, my friend and I pushed my 1980 Subaru by hand about 6 miles to my house when the trans died. Luckily there was only one freeway overpass to get over.

P.S. That looks just like my 98 Dodge Ram in the picture.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I once had a friend who used to pull her horse trailer with her Suzuki Samauri jeep. While it was only a one horse trailer, when it was loaded with her horse it had to weigh quite a bit more than the Suzuki. It also had no where near enough braking capability for what she was doing with it. The girl used to scare me to death with that setup!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It does not look too "Ram Tough" on the back of that Taurus !!!

bandit86

Banned

I once boosted an International Truck with a I believe it said a 466?? big diesel engine, had 2 dead batteries, with my stock hyunday pony. couple minutes of high idle and the beast roared to life

good thing i didnt see the dodge nitro boosting a car commercials then, would have been worried about the big truck starting

arks

Lieutenant Commander

A few years ago after a snow storm, I was returning to my neighborhood from plowing duty. As I drove up the narrow street into my development, a school bus was coming the other way. To make room, I moved my big, brawny F250 4x4/plow rig off to the edge of the road- right into a big pothole (filled with snow of course). "Hey, no problem, I'll just let the bus pass, then stick it in 4x4 and back out." Yeah, right! I tried everything to "un-stick" that truck, even disconnecting the plow right there on the road. Nothing worked. Keep in mind, I'm only 300 yards from my house and didn't want to call a tow truck. I called the wife and asked her to bring the minivan. Literally 2 minutes later here she is with the Ford Aerostar. I hooked a chain to both and had her back up. Guess what- even with a snow covered road, the MINIVAN pulled the F250 out!!! To this day I can't believe it....and, of course, she often reminds me of how she "saved the day" with her minivan.
I should've called the tow truck.

intimidator

Recruit

A couple of years ago, we were way up in the mountains in the middle of a snowstorm, on our way skiing. The car in front of me lost control, plowed through a 3 foot wall of snow left by the plow, and into the ditch.
I pulled over and offered to try to pull her out. She looked up at my liitle car, and laughed. "Got a cell phone?", she asked.
I convinced her to let me try instead of waiting an hour for a tow truck.
Here's the good part - my 15 year old Jetta Diesel (with 500,000 km's) pulled her Subaru All Wheel Drive up out of the ditch, through the snowbank and back onto the road with all 4 of her wheels dragging. The whole time she was sitting in her Subaru with the brake pedal hard to the floor (don't know why, panicking I guess).
I wish I would have had this taped, to send into VW.