reinstall fuelpumpparts evinrude 4,5 HP 1983

Ahrend

Recruit
Dear Outboard Motorists,

I accidently emptied entirely my fuel-tankcontents into my Evinrude outboard, with the immediate consequence, that the fuelpump of the motor collected a lot of dirt, which resulted in a significant loss of power.
So I disconnected the tubes and parts leading from outside tank, up to the pump, and cleaned the stuff in a cleaning bath.
But after dismanteling the sandwich of squarish parts, I did forget the right sequence. Can someone tell me, how to build up these parts properly again.

Thank you for your advice in advance
Ahrend

Ahrend

Recruit
Re: reinstall fuelpumpparts evinrude 4,5 HP 1983

I still have to go in detail through the exact info, that came to me, after I clicked on to the link that you sent to me. But a first glance, already gave a "feast of recognition", by discovering the familiar images of the parts I struggled with so much the last 24 hours.

I hope this will do the job, but I also hope, I can come back to you / the forum, if things are not working out as smoothly, as I expect , they will do at this moment. I might even discover, that some parts are lacking (a spring for instance), which might bring up the subject of replacement of these parts and the availability of these parts nowadays. The 1983 Evinrude after all, has reached a respectful age thusfar, and one can easily imagine, that spare parts will not be sold in great numbers. So commercially speaking, it will not be of great interest for a dealer, to invest heavily in stocking / selling these kind of parts....

Anyway : Thanks a lot for your very helpful assistance so far.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: reinstall fuelpumpparts evinrude 4,5 HP 1983

The kits mentioned at the top of the first page (OEM 393088 and Sierra 18-7823) will provide most of the wearing parts, including the springs and the caps.

I've been using the Sierra kits with no problems. The list of parts{Contents of kit) in the article is what will come in either kit.