Reinstalling water pump kit ..... help!!!

Hello all new to site .... I'm replacing a water pump kit on my '82 50hp 4 cyl. Mercury O/B. However I'm stumped on the contents of the kit. I have everything laid out as to how I pulled it off and I'm ready to replace said parts. I just don't see where 2 small black o-rings and 2 small yellow flat seals go. I have looked everywhere on the lower unit. pump housing, and upper unit to see if I can find the areas in which the seals need to be placed. I'm lost as to the location of these areas. I know they need to be replaced or they wouldn't be in the kits. Please Help:confused:

Thanks Shane

allymoss

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Reinstalling water pump kit ..... help!!!

go to mercruiserparts.com follow the instructions and go with the pictures. It may help you.

jeff_smith_0423

Chief Petty Officer

I just don't see where 2 small black o-rings and 2 small yellow flat seals go.

The last water pump kit i bought from Sierra included gear lube fill/vent gaskets. They were yellow. I had extra o-rings as well. It's my understanding that they build these kits for multiple applications and this will happen. Refer to your service manual for what you actually need to use.

Moody Blue

Captain

Yep, found the same thing. Over the years, the parts kits have changed to include parts that apply to a wide assortment of models and years. Hence there are usually extra parts that are not always used on all motors.