Help with operating Kenyon alcohol electric stove

Wet Wonder

Seaman
I picked up a 1999 model Kenyon single burner alcohol electric stove. It is pressurized with a pump. There is a knob on the rear trim that I can't identify. It can be pulled up. When up, it raises a metal pencil shaped rod underneath the trim that seems to actuate something electronic. Does anyone know what this knob does. I've circled it in the picture below.

Attachments

• kenyonstove.jpg
    kenyonstove.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help with operating Kenyon alcohol electric stove

i think thats a safty shut off for when you close the cover it shuts off the burner

Wet Wonder

Seaman

I thought that initially, but the knob does not raise up unless I pull it up. Otherwise, it is always down.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

could it be the electronic lighter, like on a gas grill.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

thats the safty switch to turn on the electric burner element.
when it is in the up position it revlieves the pressure on the tank and allows power to the ele. burner element.
this is so you cant have the elec burner hot and working and then turn on alcohol and cause a fire.
so to recap, the button needs to be down and the tank pumped up for alcohol use and the button up and no tank presure for electrical burner use
this is the way ours works and we use it in both modes but mostly alcohol. as near as i can tell from your pic its the same but ours is a 2 burner set up