No Stupid Tricks at The Lake Today...

CATransplant

Admiral
No tricks today. It was a nice day this morning, so I headed for my favorite lake. Got there, and the parking lot was almost full, so that meant lots of boats on the lake.

I did my prep in one of the free spaces, then ran my SUV around and backed down to the water. There was a guy already tied up to the courtesy dock, but plenty of room to back the trailer down, and I could see him walking down from his truck.

So, he gets to his boat, wishes me good luck, fires up, and backs away. I launched, and tied up at the dock and parked my SUV. Came back, fired up and backed out as another guy, all prepped, backed down.

Another boat launched quickly from the second lane. Everyone waved and went off to go fishing. I saw all of those boats a couple of times on the water. Again, everyone waved.

Nice day on the lake, with a few nice bass, and nice, courteous anglers, many with kids in their boats, giving each other plenty of room and backing off the throttle when passing or approaching others.

Finally, I headed in. Me and another 12' aluminum boat arrived at the ramp at the same time, tied up, got our rigs and were out of the water in a couple of minutes. I was back getting ready to tow, when a guy with a Volvo station wagon and a 12' cartopper backed down the ramp and started to unload. I was clear up at the parking lot, but I noticed that another guy, with a 14' Lund, who had just tied up at the courtesy dock, was grabbing the stern end of the guy's boat while they walked it down the ramp and put it in the water.

Not a bass boat or water skier in sight today. Just guys and families in fishing boats, out to enjoy the lake. I love fishing on weekdays. The fishing wasn't spectacular today, but the company on the lake was great.

Just thought I'd post a non-stupid day.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: No Stupid Tricks at The Lake Today...

Its great at my favorite lake as well on week days, but the weekends seem to bring out the other type of boaters. Most of the folks I talk to during the week tell me they stay home on the weekends. I can't because it is the only time my son can get out with me. We go very early and try to stay in areas most of the crowds don't frequent.

Left_skid_low

Recruit

No tricks today. It was a nice day this morning, so I headed for my favorite lake. Got there, and the parking lot was almost full, so that meant lots of boats on the lake.

I did my prep in one of the free spaces, then ran my SUV around and backed down to the water. There was a guy already tied up to the courtesy dock, but plenty of room to back the trailer down, and I could see him walking down from his truck.

So, he gets to his boat, wishes me good luck, fires up, and backs away. I launched, and tied up at the dock and parked my SUV. Came back, fired up and backed out as another guy, all prepped, backed down.

Another boat launched quickly from the second lane. Everyone waved and went off to go fishing. I saw all of those boats a couple of times on the water. Again, everyone waved.

Nice day on the lake, with a few nice bass, and nice, courteous anglers, many with kids in their boats, giving each other plenty of room and backing off the throttle when passing or approaching others.

Finally, I headed in. Me and another 12' aluminum boat arrived at the ramp at the same time, tied up, got our rigs and were out of the water in a couple of minutes. I was back getting ready to tow, when a guy with a Volvo station wagon and a 12' cartopper backed down the ramp and started to unload. I was clear up at the parking lot, but I noticed that another guy, with a 14' Lund, who had just tied up at the courtesy dock, was grabbing the stern end of the guy's boat while they walked it down the ramp and put it in the water.

Not a bass boat or water skier in sight today. Just guys and families in fishing boats, out to enjoy the lake. I love fishing on weekdays. The fishing wasn't spectacular today, but the company on the lake was great.

Just thought I'd post a non-stupid day.

I am new this forum. I am also a waterskier and from time to time I wakeboard. With that said, I spend most of my time on the lake sitting in a cove. Enjoying the water. other people, watching my daughter (wearing a PFD) wade her feet off the platform. I think what I mean to say is that when the others around you are respectful and just there to enjoy being on the water it can make for a better day for everyone.

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks CAT.

Dipping down to -40 with wind chill in my neck of the woods, so a nice pleasant description of a great day on the water was appreciated. Didn't seem so cold for a few minutes.

Can't wait for spring!

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Whoops....just realized your post was from July and you are in Minnesota. I'm guessing you aren't a whole lot warmer than I am at the moment!

Oh well.....still felt good to reflect on a nice day at the lake!

Stay warm!

Shizzy

Ensign

yea, threw me for a loop too until I spotted the date. Last I heard Cat's boat was being used by Santa.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Summer, oh summer, why hast thou forsaken me?

Ian

woodchip

Seaman Apprentice

yup.high was -24 today.might go fishing but it won't be in a boat