Alcort Sailfish

ineed2fly

Recruit
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/742654852.html

It's not really a restoration, it needs new lines, a good scrubbing, and the wooden parts could use a new coat of varnish. But thats all very basic, but fun nonetheless. So I haven't sailed in a good 5 years, but I still know how, I sailed atleast once every summer since I took classes, but it was with my aunt, who is a sailing instructor, she was telling me what to do, so it doesn't really count. However for the past year I have been power kiting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_kite
So I have a good idea of the wind window and points of sail and such, it's just getting used to different controls. So is this a good boat for me? I am looking for something in that price range, that is a bit of a project, and is "roof-rackable"

Thanks,
NPW
i
c
k

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Alcort Sailfish

they are good little fun boats. easy to right, when you screw up, or push it too far. easy to set up. a ball of fun. now if you are a BOB 300 pounder, i would pass on it. i'm too old and stiff to do that anymore.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

For $150. how can you not at least give it a try, you can easily get more than that for it if you don't like it.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Boy, does that bring back some really fun memories. Yes, they are a lot of fun. Definately worth the money ( if there's no holes in the hull ).

tommays

Admiral

In the long run you might do better seeing if there are any cheep Sunfish as there are just so many more out there

ineed2fly

Recruit

I'm going down to take a look at it today,and if all goes well, grab it. Comes with 3 sails, and 3 masts, as well as all the wooden pieces. It would be fun to restore for sure.

*Crosses fingers*