Electrical Help Needed

MarkDaddy

Recruit
I have a 2002 Sea Ray 176BR with a Mercruiser 3.0

Boat was winterized, now trying to use for the season.

New Battery. I tested it, has power.

I have no power to any system, except trim tabs. Boat will not start, radio will not play, or lights or any gauges.

Under the "dash" the Neutral "block" has continuity. If I test the neutral block to the battery, the circuit tester lights up.

Under the dash, the Positive block DOES not have power. Tester will not light when connected between this "block" and the battery. The fuses for most systems

If I "jumper" from the battery to the Positive block under the dash, I can start the engine and all systems have power.

All of that said, it is as if there is a fuse inline somewhere between the battery and the positive block. I cannot locate one.

Boat is not docked. Trailered. No signs of any corosion. Boat has less than 200 hours.

HELP !!!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Electrical Help Needed

On the starter, you should have a square block type fuse. Check it with a volt meter, not a continuity tester. Also check the main circuit breaker on the engine.

MarkDaddy

Recruit
Re: Electrical Help Needed

Thanks Don.

I ended up giving in and taking the boat to my Sea Ray Dealer down the street. They made the repair and I picked up th eboat in 2 days, in time to use it for the 3 day holiday weekend.

The problem was diagnosed and repaired as the "fusible link". I assume that is a link somewhere in-line between the battery and the fuse block behind the dash. Thanks for your suggestions.

Price?

SUpplies: $10
Labor: $200...... ouch.

Mark