thoughts on Randy Moss

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class
Being a white guy, I can't say that Randy Moss is an a**h**e, which I think he is, what do you guys think?<br /><br />Oh ya, if ya didn't see it he mooned (or went through the motions) of mooning the Packer crowd after a touchdown pass he cought.<br /><br />Too bad these guys are such jerk offs, because I really like football.<br /><br />Spud

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: thoughts on Randy Moss

spud, the big time does that to a lot of people.<br />When Randy was here at Marshall, he was like a role model to lot's of kids, but since going big time with the Vikings, he sure has changed as time has went on.<br /><br />Like I said, I guess that happens once you get where he is, maybe not to all, but quite a few for sure.

rogerwa

Commander

I'm frankly tired of his crap. He is an immensely talented athlete, yet he is not living to his potential. He is also being irresponsible with his notoriety. He is arrogant with a huge chip on his shoulder. I definitely think he is not good for the team. Coach Tice or whoever needs to put the foot down or let him go. Everyone is replacelable and that applies to Moss as well. If you have a fractured team because of what he does, he really is a liability.<br /><br />A lot of those in other parts of the country probably are not aware of his run in with the traffic control officer in downtown mpls. About a year and a half ago he was driving in downtown Mpls and wanted to make a left turn. the cop told him to stop and he honked his horn and ultimately bumped into her and gave her a short ride on his hood. Was he apologetic?? No.. the same chip on his shoulder.<br /><br />This guy needs some humility.

Link

Rear Admiral

Not knowing a lot about football (but then our own football team doesn't either) "Seahawks" so why should I?? :D <br /><br />I can say that the few guys I have followed with the Seahawks, they are stand up guys. <br /><br />However from the little Ive heard he needs a attitude adjustment. Maybe some bench time or told to look for another job. If he is as good as you say then bench him for the rest of the year.<br />No play off money no super bowl money. Nothing but sitting there. Reminding him.. cameras will pick this up<br /><br />Now could this have just been in fun??<br />If so then no big deal.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Easy for us all to sit and point fingers at some one - don't you think? Especially a future hall of fame inductee..<br /><br />Fans in the Packer end-zone are close to 1,000 percent worse then anything Randy could possibly do.. just egging him on.. so relax on the quickness.<br /><br />just think of the harrasment this guy takes everytime he's in the endzone .. which is a lot a Lambaugh Field. Having a little fun with the fans makes it worth more for everyone.<br /><br />I have yet to see/hear of another NFL player after scoring a TD at Lambaugh Field walk over to the Handi-cap seating and give a guy in a wheelchair his TD Ball.. Randy did this 2 months ago.. <br /><br />He celebrates less then any of 'em... in light of Terrel Owens, Randy Moss is Mother Teresa for crying out loud.. and 10x's the player.<br /><br />Spinner- Moss' troubles started at Marshall .. thats why he didn't go higher in the draft in '98.. Minnesota took the chance because they had Cris Carter on the roster to be 'mentor' and 'big brother' to Moss.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

had to throw in a side note .. <br /><br />Randy moss went to the pro bowl his first three years in the league having three different starting QB's each season.. and took each one to the pro bowl <br /><br />Randall Cunningham '98<br />Jeff George '99<br />Donte Culpepper '00 <br /><br />..you can train a monkey to throw the ball to this guy yet people only hear/see things you can ridicule him for..<br /><br /><br /> :confused:

mattttt25

Commander

you guys are missing it. need to watch a little more sportscenter. moss is a great athlete and his celebration was just that. why it was such a big deal is that it is following a game when he literally walked off the field, prior to the game being over. he gave up. his actions caused tons of controversy for his team all week. and then he acts like he does this week. that was the real issue.<br /><br />i'm glad my team has t.o. and not randy moss. you can talk all you want about t.o.'s harmless celebrations, but at least he doesn't quit on his team.

tylerin

Commander

Barlow, you weren't talking so highly about him til you saw his A$$ in the endzone. I know whats going on here :D ;)

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Randy Moss is a punk. No matter how you look at it. However he is the Vikings offense. Without him the packers would have won on Sunday. Any team that scores a touchdown displays bad character by their dances in the endzone. My favorite Viking was Robert Smith. He would score his touchdowns and then hand the ball to the ref and head for the bench. No showboating. To me that is a true professional. I am a vikings fan. I dont like the stuff that Moss does except for squirting the ref with the gaterade bottle in his rookie year. However if he makes the team win games he should play.

gaugeguy

Captain

I don't like end zone antics. Spike the damn ball and act like you have been there before. Just think how much better these atheletes would be if they practiced their game instead of the touchdown celebration.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

tylerin .. this is no kidding .. I was outside before the game shoveling off my patio in the back of the house when my neighbor (commissioner of our village fantasy league) tossed a snowball at me .. something got into me and I shot him the moon. .. irony?? <br /><br />Moss got the idea from me!! :D :p <br /><br /><br />Matt - I agree with him being half arsed every-so-often and even as Euro says 'a punk' but, in light of whats gone on here .. "dust in the win-d" he picked 'em up this week.. did any of us know what was being yelled from the stands? plus he's always pulling a leg or two at Lambaugh ..<br /><br />TV coverage/commentary blowing something totally out of proportion again.<br /><br />Euro -- Ditto on Robert Smith. class act.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Moss is an arrogant SOB.. So are/were a lot of them. Adds to the entertainment value. The Packers sucked. Too many injured. Favre had no weapons left. I hope he returns next year and the Packers pick up some better depth for next season. The top talent they have is fine when they can play. The ViQueens will lose next week. ;) <br /><br />My personal plea to Bret Favre ... ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! ... :D

tylerin

Commander

Turn-overs key to that game..Always been a big Favre fan and I just think he didn't click with some of the recievers. Seemed like he was zigging and they were zagging. <br />Barlow I'm sure your neighbor thought a big ole snowball was coming back at him :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if I was a player for the packers, I woulda<br />laid him out in the endzone for disrespecting<br />my team and fans. the moon wasn't as bad as<br />wiping his backside on the goalpost.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I hear that Willy ... would be sad top see Farve leave the game in this way.. but, I think Farve had plenty of weapons to use.. just wasn't in the cards yesterday I actually thought the pack was going to walk all over 'em

KennyKenCan

Commander

Oh, so its okay to make a jesture like that to those who pay your salary?<br /><br />I don't think so!!<br /><br />The fans at the game PAID to see a football game, NOT A FREAK SHOW!!<br /><br />What right does this character have in going to a game and taunting the crowd like that?<br /><br />I can care less about his on-field accomplishments, if he cannot have respect for the fans who are paying their very hard earned money to see a game. This clown only plays the game because its easy money, not for the love of the game!<br /><br />Just think of what would happen, if your boss said or did something you didn't like, and you did the same jesturing?<br /><br />You'd be FIRED in a heartbeat, and that is exactly what should happen to this degenerate low-life, who has absolutly no respect for those who support the sport and pay his salary, and who without, this jerk would be a crack dealer in Miami!!<br /><br />What an embarrasment to Professional Sports!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO @ Tylerin .. yea 'snow blind' took on a whole new meaning. :D

tylerin

Commander

I think the first guy I ever saw celebrating like that was Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson. Didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now. Don't exactly care for it, but it doesn't bother me as much as Barry Bonds or whoever sitting there watching a HR go over the fence, and then come up short. OOps. Pitchers use to take care of that with a fastball to the earhole. A nice forearm shiver to these celebrators' melon might stop some of the antics. The only way to police these guys is in-house JMO

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

KKC .. ironic that his nick name is "Super Freak"<br /><br />and you've obviously never been to a GB game at Lambaugh..<br /><br />just a slight hint .. 24 Beers + 6 Brats does not = polite<br /><br /> :D :p

tylerin

Commander

Do they still sell those AFRO pics. Super Freak needs one :D