Superstitious anyone?

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: Superstitious anyone?

Dang, son! You need to stay home on Friday the 13th! Take two aspirin and hide under the couch! Tell the folks at work that "Dr. Jay" authorized it! :D

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
Removed

Removed

Removed

Last edited:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Not one bit. I relish the 13th ....... Nov 13th was my first wedding date and my 13th anniversary was on a Friday the 13th.:D

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Besides being rained out from my first day at work everything seemed to go alright. I nearly witnessed another accident though it would of been my 2nd for this week. I just about passed the road that I was needing to turn on, I had to go do my drug test and other paper work for the job. Well I still had enough time to make my turn so I cut the turn signal on and proceeded to make the turn. Well the guy in back of me (in a pickup) decided to pass me on a double line (if I recall right), another vehicle (an SUV) was pulling out of the road that I was turning on to and it was making a left hand turn :eek:. The pickup pulled off on to the side of the road to avoid being hit, the SUV stopped to avoid hitting the truck. I thought for sure they were going to meat up.

If the truck behind me would of stayed off my a** maybe things would of worked out different but I believe it wanted to let the wings down and let her fly.

I'm not superstitious, gut we do joke about it though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Had a nice day, thanks. :)

v1_0

Chief Petty Officer

Well, lunch did cost me $6.66 today. (Uh, yesterday - just noticed the time) :rolleyes:

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander
Removed

Removed

Removed

Last edited:

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Although it was no longer Friday the 13th at 2:30 am last night/this morning one of my TVs (27inch) fell off the shelf/stand and kicked the bucket :(. That TV has been sitting there for a while. It did wake me up of coarse because it was located just about 7ft from the bed. I thought it was a shelf in my closet, it has been leaning for years boy was I wrong and I'm glad I was because all my fishing stuff is in there. I didn't bother checking it out, didn't even get out of bed when it happened, but when I got up this morning I was in for a surprise.

bhammer

Ensign

And thank GOD it's not the 13th anymore... apparantly it's not safe to be anywhere near me, or even talk to me on friday the 13th... since my earlier post, tonight (before midnight) someone I was talking to had a heart attack (minor and expected to recover just fine). What a friggin' day!

Yup, I am going to remember to stay away from you on Friday the 13th. ;)

Hey, look at the bright side, your computer didn't crash and you are still vertical. :D

Sorry you had such a rough day.