copying pdf. files

ziggy

Admiral
i got me some pdf files i want to save to disc. my cd/dvd drive is a read/write to the best of my knowledge. i can't seem to copy and paste them????? do i need some kinda program like nero/InCD? i used to have that. though i can't find it(actually, i find it in search, but the exe. file is inop or it's corrupted......ideas?

Last edited:

bhammer

Ensign
Re: copying pdf. files

Unless you have a DLA (Drive Letter Access) program installed, you cannot copy direct to the CR RW drive and you will need some sort of burring software. If you do have one, it wouldn't surprise me that it isn't working. I never install them as they tend to cause many problems. There are many free versions out there that are easy to use. Just google for CD burring

EDIT: Let me clarify that I mean I don't install DLA programs. Buring software is great.

Coors

Captain

incd works.
check pcworld.com they have a lot of free links

Coors

Captain

I use free adobe, which the new free one can open a lot; open office, good.
xp has a problem more than those.$300 pos

i386

Captain

i got me some pdf files i want to save to disc. my cd/dvd drive is a read/write to the best of my knowledge. i can't seem to copy and paste them????? do i need some kinda program like nero/InCD? i used to have that. though i can't find it(actually, i find it in search, but the exe. file is inop or it's corrupted......ideas?

You need special packet writing software to just write to the drive like you're trying to do. It's usually bundled with the CD writing software that comes with the computer or drive.

I NEVER use that feature though. I just use the burning software. However, if you have XP and want to get this done quick and dirty, just right-click on the files you want to burn and click send to your cd/dvd drive.

Here's some info...

http://www.worldstart.com/tips/file-management/howto-burn-a-cd.htm

Scroll down to "Burning with Windows XP"

ziggy

Admiral

thanks for the help guys. i386, thats a good read there. thanks. i was kinda ontoit, i was doing the write these files to dvd thing. i just couldn't get it to take it though.... anyways, nero 8 seems to have fixed my wagon. ijust backed up to dvd 4.00 or round abouts of pdf files... coool... seems like i am on my way now.....