Does this PRICE sound about right??

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I got an estimate for around the ballpark of $250-$300 to change out my lower unit seals and water impeller. Does this price sound right? OR should i call around and try to find a cheaper price???? Thanks!

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Does this PRICE sound about right??

Depends on what motor.

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One more thing before i ship her off to get repaired. Could this cause a water intrusion? Ok, i bought some replacement seals for my vent/drain screws(blue seals) and installed them. Well the next day i wanted to look at something so i took them both out. NOW i have read on here that the seals are a ONE time use only! They reason for this is because the crunch up once binded down. So i reinstalled them and took the boat out, to find out on my next trip i had water in my lower unit? Would me taking the screws out them installing them back in have caused this:confused::confused:. Dont forget these were NEW seals! Thanks yall for yall advice, i am learning something new everyday!!!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i serious doubt the screw seals were the problem. at $80 per hour does not sound bad. get a freight quote from freightcenter.com i've had great luck with them.