Is this boat a good buy?

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer
its a 1989 procraft 18ft fish n ski
150hp mariner
the boat is been subject to the elements for 6 months and one spot(about a sq ft) on the floor feels soft if i shift my weight on it real hard... the engines compression is 100,100,115,100,115,105 and seems to run good. also if you trim the motor up all the way and leave it after an hour it will slowly fall back down.. the guy said he had his water pump replaced and every since it pulls very hard to the right(not sure on this one) he said before having the water pump replaced it didnt do this.. the boat can be cleaned up to look decent but theres some gel coat fade ... and the tach doesnt work.. asking 1700 it would be my first boat should i buy it? and if not what would you pay for it.. i dont have any pictures sry..

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Is this boat a good buy?

While the compresssion is good the engine is 19 years old, needs "some???" work, and there is rot in the floor (and possibly the stringers & transom). In my mind this is not a super choice for a first boat. The first one should be for fun and not for work (and who know how much $$).

xxturbowesxx

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Is this boat a good buy?

im going to adjust the trim tab and get it on the water and see how it runs and feels on a water trial. out of the water the boat started up and ran great.. i read about the compression and it seems like its pretty good and i need to retest it because i did the compression on a cold engine after it had been sitting for 3 months and i read you should run it on a warm engine..