function parts on control box

raymond2112

Cadet
Hi,
I bought a second hand control box, a single handed grip for speed and gearing. There is also a separte handle in the cover that can be lifted to ingrease rpm whithout gearing. It all works super. There is no data on the control box so i do not know the manufactor. It's coloured in Johnson colours (white with black and red line) but i don't thinks is Johnson own made. It contains a red wire plug for engine and cables also fit well, so at least it's made for (a) Johnson.
Can i somehow place a picture here and see or someone knows anything about it?
Problem is that my engine starts well, but i cannot switch off the engine by turning the key. Problibly a wire not connecting?
There is also a plug mounted on the box with letters A,B and C. It this for the kill-switch? There is nothing in it, but as said, engine starts normally.
Also, in the inside, there's a little horn or something. What's its function?
Does anybody know what can be wrong why i can not shutdown engine by key? Hope to hear; thanks...........Raymond from The Netherlands

KewlBird

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: function parts on control box

You can add an image by clicking the "Manage Attachments" below the typing box when you are posting a message. Just follow the size limits that popup when you click that button.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

You can add a small picture here by attaching it as a thumbnail. The largest file would be in jpg format, around 97k. Use the paperclip to see the options. You can also use the insert image icon to attach a link to your own photo site for a larger picture.

There is a good set of wiring information at the following link; copy it to your browser without the quotation marks.
"http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/ignitionSwitch.html"

wavrider

Chief Petty Officer

Horn is most likely over temp alarm

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there you can upload , directly from your computer. besure you pictures have been resized to fit the format. 640x480 max.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

What you are describing is a Johnson control. The horn is for an overheat alarm. The plug is for a tachometer and/or feed for a gas gauge, etc.