Old Suzuki DT50 Shift Linkage

Oldboatshawaii

Recruit
I have a Suzuki DT50 from 1980. Want to change the water pump impellar. I cant seem to find where to disconnect the shift linkage so the lower leg can separate. I see a pin up near the power head but it would be tough to disconnect there. Any one have any info.. Thanks

bowhuntrrl

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Old Suzuki DT50 Shift Linkage

You need a manual !!! With that said, it is the pin up under the power head behind the carbs. There is a rubber plug on the lower housing on the starboard side where you gain access to a bolt. You have to loosen this nut and push the bolt back, which in turn pushes the pin back out of the shift (called a clutch rod) rod. It's helpful to have a little flexible necked flash light to get under their to see what you are doing.

Oldboatshawaii

Recruit

You need a manual !!! With that said, it is the pin up under the power head behind the carbs. There is a rubber plug on the lower housing on the starboard side where you gain access to a bolt. You have to loosen this nut and push the bolt back, which in turn pushes the pin back out of the shift (called a clutch rod) rod. It's helpful to have a little flexible necked flash light to get under their to see what you are doing.
Thanks for the help. I did get a manual and I saw the information about the rubber gromet on the starboard side.....but my engine does'nt have one. I just got the motor. It sat in an enclosed garage for 24 years and looks bran new. I just wanted to change the impellar for PM purposes. Ill see if I can get it apart. Thanks again.

JAKE WEBER

Recruit

I have a Suzuki DT50 from 1980. Want to change the water pump impellar. I cant seem to find where to disconnect the shift linkage so the lower leg can separate. I see a pin up near the power head but it would be tough to disconnect there. Any one have any info.. Thanks

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH AN ENIGINE I JUST BOUGHT, WHAT WAS YOUR FINAL SOLUTION, DID YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT IT UNDER THE
CARBS BY THE POWERHEAD?