Boomyal's back! The good and the bad.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Hi all, just returned from Ketchikan last nite. It's good to be home and see some sunshine. The weather was not as bad as we had prepared for but was rainy and drizzly for the whole week. Temps stayed in the upper 50's and low 60's so it was not uncomfortable sitting out in the 20 foot boats all day for 5 days in a row. If it had been colder, it just would have been miserable for this ol' ex-southern Californian.

The boats had nice covers on them so unless you were at the stern, loading up the downriggers or hauling in that monster Halibut, you could stay under the cover. I drove the boat the whole time and when we would get a hook up, my buds would call for me to come get the rod, set the hook and reel 'er in. So I still got my share of action as well as about 75 lbs of Salmon and Halibut.

The lodge we went to was only a couple of years old. It was nice, bright and fresh. Each of the four units was two story with a complete kitchen. Although we prepared our own food, we ate well and healthy.

The bad news is that somehow, while trying to reset the powersaver setting on my digital, the last nite I deleted all my pictures. I did not discover that until on the plane headed home. I was going to review and weed out worthless pictures they were just gone. Poof! Made me quite sick.

I will have to wait until my compatriots burn me some cds of their pictures. I was, however, the busiest photographer in the group.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boomyal's back! The good and the bad.

I deleted all my pictures.
Doh!!! Welcome back Boomer . . . Been working me arse off on Hydrofoil reduction, holding down the fort, I even admitted that Smart Tabs may be best for some less skilled users :eek: :p :D

KaGee

Admiral

The bad news is that somehow, while trying to reset the powersaver setting on my digital, the last nite I deleted all my pictures.

What can I say... SOME of us are technology challenged.;):D:D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Boom, the pics may still be there. They do not actually get erased. you just authorize the the camera to write over them, much the same way a computers hard drive does. At least I think thats how it works. Any how its worth a shot. Oh and welcome back.

darrklim2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boom, the pics may still be there. They do not actually get erased. you just authorize the the camera to write over them, much the same way a computers hard drive does. At least I think thats how it works. Any how its worth a shot. Oh and welcome back.

Unless the memory card was re-formatted there might be a chance to get them back. If they were just "Deleted". :D

JRJ

Commander

Welcome back and glad you had a good time. Another internet bud was up there for 9 days a little earlier in the month, and he said it rained every day. Sounds like fishing is good anyway.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good to see ya, Boomer. :)

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Welcome back Boom!! Glad you had a good time and are home safe.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Unless the memory card was re-formatted there might be a chance to get them back. If they were just "Deleted". :D

I am not sure if I reformatted or just erased. I really do not know how it happened. With either choice, a screen is clearly displayed that warns of the concequences. At the time it happened, I got a prolonged period of the spinning hourglass. I wondered what was going on. It never dawned on me that I could be losing the pictures. I never noticably engaged either function. The one thing that leads me to fear it was a re-format is that the 'format' option' was the next choice, in the menu, below the 'power saver' setting function.:mad:

studlymandingo

Commander

Glad you're back and had a good trip!!!

Bet that was some good eatin'!!!

Hope to see some pics whether it is from your buds camera, or if you hopefully get yours back up.​

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I am not sure if I reformatted or just erased. I really do not know how it happened. With either choice, a screen is clearly displayed that warns of the concequences. At the time it happened, I got a prolonged period of the spinning hourglass. I wondered what was going on. It never dawned on me that I could be losing the pictures. I never noticably engaged either function. The one thing that leads me to fear it was a re-format is that the 'format' option' was the next choice, in the menu, below the 'power saver' setting function.:mad:

\
coffee-1.gif
See ya on the fire'n line..........;)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Welcome back and glad you had a good time. Another internet bud was up there for 9 days a little earlier in the month, and he said it rained every day. That it did for me as well. Not quite enough to justify all the money I spent for rain gear but rain it did. It actually rained harder on Sunday morning, on the way to the airport, than it did during the week. Sounds like fishing is good anyway.

Thanks for all the Welcome Backs. I'm working on getting the pics back. I've gotten some possible suggestions from the Non-boating tech forum.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Glad your back and had a good time Boom. Next time
Use the Poloroid. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Glad your back and had a good time Boom. Next time
Use the Poloroid. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

He'd probably drop it over the side! :D

Welcome back Mr Boomer, Sir ;)

Now get those pictures up!

OldMercsRule

Captain

Welcome back, sorry about the technology problem. JR