bad idea?

JustinWagner

Seaman Apprentice
SO, I've been thinking of a way to make my boat (20ft sunbird corsair) stand out once Im finished with it. I've never been one to really run with the crowd and have the same off the shelf boat everyone else has. What occurred me, (and keeps occurring, even though I should know better) is to paint the hull black, and do a jolly roger graphic on the sides close to the stern, and maybe do the inside of the boat (vinyl, upholstery, engine cover) in the same way, skull and crossbones and such. I'm going to use the boat for skiing and wakeboarding mostly, Does anyone know how difficult this would be? OR has anyone done this kind of customization to their boat? pics?

TNT

Seaman Apprentice
Re: bad idea?

No, I have not done this type of customization...but it sure does sound HOT! Especially since skulls are "IN" right now.:cool:

Would you be starting this after boating season? Hope so...otherwise your land bound as it sounds like a pretty big undertaking.

Would love to see photos when your done:D

JustinWagner

Seaman Apprentice

well, if youve seen pics of my boat, (theyre on here somewhere) youll see Ive got A TON of work to do before it even gets in the water. Right now, Im just using to make sure my tarp doesnt blow away. So yeah, itll be a while before IM at the point to start the graphics. Ill def post pics as my progress goes on.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have a black hull and cream deck with red rub rail, looks really sharp. black upolstery, is a no, no. you and guest will scorch the backs of you legs. i will be unbearable. the girls will hate you.

JustinWagner

Seaman Apprentice

good point, TD, I probably wouldnt even have though of that until I was out on the water peeling the skin off my legs. Is a black hull hard to see in the water? I dont want to get hit!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

no, and they are beautiful. here's pic of my 1956 beauty.

Attachments

• MVC-102S.JPG
    MVC-102S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 0

Cptkid570

Ensign

I'll have to 2nd the idea of not going with a black interior.. If the interior burns the girls legs, then they may be tempted to put more clothes on!!! We don't want that happening!

iwombat

Captain

If you do some looking on historical jolly roger designs, you'll find some with read backgrounds too.

Just more food for thought.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Way back in the fun 70's we wouild get all lickered up, dress up as pirates, jump in the boat, and go channel cruisng (Chain Of Lakes, Northern Illinois). As a bunch of good looking bikini's came by the other way.. well...lets put it this way. Never had some much fun in my life! I still fly a Jolly Roger on my 20 footer bow. Just getting a little to old to jump into other boats and take there women...:cool:

JustinWagner

Seaman Apprentice

arr mateys, so I be plannin on piratin' up my boat thanks to all the encouragin words, you scurvy dogs! Back to the scullery with ya!