It Finally Worked!!!

studlymandingo

Commander
I have been doing every kind of rain dance I could come up with to no avail. We have been experiencing record drought in Florida, and I have tried every move I know to get it to rain; it finally worked today and I can't remember the dance!!! Hopefully we will climb out of the drought and I won't need to start all over.

Be nice to see some greenery coming out in the next few days!:)

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: It Finally Worked!!!

Well it's good you got rain, but would you please stop dancing now. It looks like you almost stomped up a hurricane. :eek: :eek: :D

aspeck

Staff member

If I recall, Snappers dance was to take a camera to phhotgraph a plant of unknown species, and walk to it. It will rain when you are half way there ...

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Worked pretty well, too. It's been here for a couple of hours and is expected to stay all day. There are a lot of happy frogs outside right now...

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

It sure did rain good all day yesterday and most of last night, we've been getting a bit of rain for a while now where i am, its very different just a few miles north.

Snapper did you get wet?

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Well it's good you got rain, but would you please stop dancing now. It looks like you almost stomped up a hurricane. :eek: :eek: :D

So all along it's been old Studly's instagating these hurricane's.........and weve been blaming global warming.........gig's up there lead foot..:cool:

studlymandingo

Commander

Trying to tone it down for just a good steady downpour.

We have sunny skies now, all the foliage looks happy!​

Coors

Captain

Thanks, Studly, we got 3.5 inches in NE FL.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Hey Studly, Please stay clear of Seattle with yer dancin'. We always have plenty of rain up here, (too much). The weather is clear today, (rare), must be what you are getting down there. :D:D JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

Worked pretty well, too. It's been here for a couple of hours and is expected to stay all day. There are a lot of happy frogs outside right now...

Hope those frogs don't take after Rubber. Could be a rather malodorous experience if they do. :D:D JR

dooma_Flatchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have been doing every kind of rain dance I could come up with to no avail. We have been experiencing record drought in Florida, and I have tried every move I know to get it to rain; it finally worked today and I can't remember the dance!!! Hopefully we will climb out of the drought and I won't need to start all over.

Be nice to see some greenery coming out in the next few days!:)

Please send some up here in North Alabama studly, We need it bad

OldMercsRule

Captain

So all along it's been old Studly's instagating these hurricane's.........and weve been blaming global warming.........gig's up there lead foot..:cool:

Yah, n' happy frogs produce more then their share of greenhouse gasses, based upon our experience here on the forum. I think I should start a carbon credit scam for rain dancers who incourage gaseous frogs! :D:D JR

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Drowned....:D Part of the day yesterday, all night, and some more today.. Looks like it's fixing to start again as I type this... And I ain't complaining one bit..:D

I tried the walk a couple more times, Art..... did'nt work... Soooo, I tried something else thursday night (at least I think it was thursday)...My memory is still kinda fuzzy as to what really happened... All I really know is what I've been told, and I hope nobody had a camera.....that's all I have to say about it....:cool:

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

My best rain dance was the one where I opened a can of paint and started painting the garage door. Worked like a charm.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Is Lake Okeechobee catchin' any of the liquid sunshine?? I hear tellin' it was needin' a large amount of water. JR

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes, JR, it's getting about the same. The problem is twofolf. First is that the lake is at a record low. It will take a record monsoon season to bring it back up to 2006 levels.
Secondly, it this rain is for the most part, very light, and traveling in bands. This means that what rain we are now getting is just soaking into the powder-dry soil, so little to no run-off.
We'l sure take what we can can get tho.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"record low"............ Mainly due to a draw down after the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons...

Fact of the matter is that the SFWMD and the Army corps of engineers should be dismissed of their duties as "water managers"....

If the mis-managers had left well enough alone after 2004 & 2005, three things would have been accomplished naturally.... (A) By not dumping water into the Caloosahatchee and the St. Lucie, no pressure would have been put on those two ecosystems (no fish kills and the mangrove trees in the discharge areas would'nt have died from having too much fresh water), (B) Flooded vegitation in the lake would be back to normal after the high water, and (C) the lake would still be above 10 foot right now which would allow occasional dumping of water into the canals that feed south floridas ground water supply, and area farms could have water for irrigation...

But they just can't leave it alone.....:(