We got rain here, and some SHT to go with it.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
This is at my Dads. He has a 53 acre lake that he and his sisters own, he lives there. I've never seen this much water come into it at one time. Its never in my life went over the emergency spillway but it did.

Regular spillway was about 3 feet over, lots of water going down very quickly. This is a 48" tube-

lakeflood01.jpg

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: We got rain here, and some SHT to go with it.

This is it coming out on the other side of the damn, probably going well over 100 mph!-

lakeflood03.jpg

Kenneth Brown

Captain

This raggedly building is my boathouse. Its been here since way before I was born. It needs replaced but it still works so.... Anyways theres usually about 20 foot of pier before the boathouse, and the pier is on dry land for about 6 feet of that. The pier is just barely even with the water and you walk through almost 20 feet of water to get to it.

lakeflood09.jpg

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Now for the SHT. My brother is driving the Tarantula (cross between a 4 wheeler and go cart) pulling me in a 12' flat bottom boat. We are riding/floating on what is supposed to be the road-

boatride03.jpg

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Here he's pulling my daughter around in it-

boatride01.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

KB, I assume this alleviates a drought condition?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Not really. It just makes it look like a drought is over with. These huge rains just fllod us and then theres lots of run off. My area of Texas usually has plenty of water, it just needs spread out a little.

aspeck

Staff member

That first picture is one huge toilet! Hate to be caught in that swirly!

OldMercsRule

Captain

Wow KB did it get near your new house too? JR

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Actually it didn't. I'm about 5 miles from him as the crow flies. The State has a big culvert in front of my place that had blocked up and built up till it went over the road onto my side. As soon as it hit my side it all went away. It will temp flood in the far edges of my yard but goes away super fast, like rise and fall within 2 hours. I built in a low spot that is well drained. Sounds stupid the way I describe it but I'm sure you get the picture.

heycods

Captain

Heres mine KB, we got an inch, its lower now than in this pix. it was a week from being dry, and caught about 6 or 8"s
Lake1.jpg

Normal level 17 ac. spillway level 120 ac.