Daytona 500

Pony

Rear Admiral
Sure is great to have racing back on!

I'm a Kenseth guy, being from Wisconsin and having many friends who race up in Slinger and know him. Looks like he has a tire goin, and he's racin tight. Although as long as Tony Stewert doesnt win I;ll be happy 8)

Laddies

Banned
Re: Daytona 500

Pony, some how you've got that reversed don't you.8) I really like Gilliland and he even drives a Ford but not for Roush thank God. What did you think of the pre race show? No wonder the rest of the world wonders about us. The new NASCAR certainly has change alot of things, mostly for the worst I think, I quit watching last season and forgot why. Hope they straighten some of it out for everyones sake. We have nieghbors that go to several races each year and never made Daytona because there never any good seats left, this year they were still getting emails as late as Tuesday that seats where available, so maybe NASCAR will start to get the picture--Bob

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes, it is great to have stock car racin back in season.
I hate to admit it, but I don't follow any other sport.
It would be great to see ol man Martin win this one!

Laddies

Banned

Harvick wins, hardly Matt the Brat pushed him into the lead and then wrecked Busch and NASCAR again make a bad call the yellow did not come out intill Harvick gets the lead from Mark Martian who should have won at the time of the wreck not after the NASCAR officals decided on the winner. READ THE RULE

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea that's for sure, Martin was leading when the wreck started or real close anyway, but NASCAR is the one's making the call.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

All that asside, I never saw a legal car gain that much of a boost like Harvick's car did. Not to take away from his victory, but I understand they impound all winning cars for inspection after they win. I hope they find that switch he threw.

And if the old man had to lose what might be his last shot at a Daytona500 race, I'm glad it wasn't Stewart or Kurt Bush... NASCAR is the only subject where you will hear me utter, "I HATE BUSH".

QC

Supreme Mariner

Nah, Harvick got a push AND Martin wiggled. Looked legit to me. I am a Burton fan, Ward first, Jeff second, but I wanted Martin to win. And when they actually were wrecking, Harvick was in front, so I think if they threw the yellow results would've been the same at least for 1 and 2. I looked at it a bunch of times.

Pretty cool to see Boyer slide over the finish line on his roof. I don't care how you score that, no way was he 18th, from what I saw at least 8th or 9th. That window opening makes a pretty good, but expensive, sod cutter . . .

I thought it was a fun race to watch, especially when my two least favorite guys took each other out . . . 8)

KaGee

Admiral

Mark.... always a bridesmaid.

Hot Pass was kind of neat, even without an updated receiver.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'm a Elliot Sadler fane. Back when he came into NASCAR he ran under #21 which was my number when I raced so.... I also like Tony. He drives everything like he's on dirt, beat and bang all the way. Win or wreck trying type of guy. Mark M got screeeeeeewed! The yellow should have come out as soon as the wreck happened, and yes Mark was in front when it happened. No way Harvicks car could pick up speed that much that quickly, I hope he's dq'ed.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Watch it again, when they started wrecking Harvick was in front. And you guys don't think that serious wiggle slowed Martin at the same time? And, why oh why, would NASACR turn a blind eye when a Martin win would've been so popular? I wanted MM too, BTW . . .

Oh, oh and define "started wrecking". The first wiggle? Tire smoke? Car in the wall? When? If yellows are supposed to come out when somebody wiggles there would've been 973 cautions . . . ;)

Pony

Rear Admiral

img10006138.jpg

tommays

Admiral

They seem to finish most plate races like that and dont put out the yellow when there wrecking in the last few seconds ?

Tommays

Drybo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And GOD spoke to Mark Martin, Ye shall not win the cup or thou Daytona 500, ever!

QC

Supreme Mariner

The wreck "started" before that. Rewind 2 seconds . . . when the 5 got sideways, Harvick was in front.

Edit: Then Martin passed, and then Harvick passed. Move the finish line 25 yards and Martin passes again. Maybe we should go with that? That's why I actually agree with what DW said. "It happened behind them, so let 'em finish."

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

QC said:
That's why I actually agree with what DW said. "It happened behind them, so let 'em finish."

I also agree with that on the last lap only.
The reason for freezing the field when a caution flies is so that the leaders don't race to the line. This applied when the leaders were already past the line. Safety crews could not get to the wrecked cars until the leaders completed a full lap, racing back to the yellow. There were many times when the cars would be wrecked but still on the track.

Once the leaders hit the line on the last lap they will not be "racing" through the carnage behind them.

My .02

AK Chappy

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

No the leaders wouldn't be racing through the carnage, but everybody left standing would be racing for position.

Laddies

Banned

With the new NASCAR rule it says that any wreck during the final 2 laps on a green,white,checkered automaticly freezes the field DW and the other NASCAR pimps have exponded that many other times during the same type of restarts. Thats whats killing NASCARs popularity. They contiuely change the rule to suit their pick of drivers. But alest this is better that politics--Done with this rant Bob