Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Unbelievable!!

They haven't filed any charges yet....
The majority has spoken!d:)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So did Katherine Harris. They both must've had some incredibly pathetic competition. So I guess it's a tie for voter incompetence. 1 for the dems, 1 for the repubs. It all evens out in the end. ;)

Then again, what's so odd about criminals in politics? Not to mention Spider Man's new arch nemesis Plastic Woman. Wutta Ditz!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

unbelievable? not at all. have you forgot about David Duke? Louisiana has a Long* history of electing indicted candidates. Edwin Edwards comes to mind.

* - pun intended

KaGee

Admiral

Yep what a joke. The culture of corruption sure was cure wasn't it?

I say let the area slip into the sea. Take WJ, Nagin and the whole bunch with it.

Move the Saints first! 8)

PW2

Commander

That's the thing about democracy. Sometimes the wrong person wins elections. It's a fundamental flaw in the system.

KaGee

Admiral

I heard something this afternoon that was puzzling, but supposedly the Sheriff down there is pretty popular and put out a "suppress the vote" campaign if you will. He got people to stay home so WJ would win re-election. WJ could then later be removed from office and a person more palitable to everyone appointed to the position. I guess the person running against WJ was not well liked and had skeletons in her closet too.

Sounds screwy to me, but that's the politics down there.

No, no cagey, that is politics everywhere. A thief is not a thief until he is convicted. ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The people have spoken.
You now know what those he will represent again want... And that is a piece of the action.
It's a sad testimonial of modern human ethics and moral values.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

modern, 12footer? can you name a period in history wherein there was no corruption?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

jtexas said:
modern, 12footer? can you name a period in history wherein there was no corruption?

Not to speak on behalf of 12, but he said " human ethics and moral values." I see nothing about corruption in that statement.

crunch

Commander

Not to speak on behalf of 12, but he said " human ethics and moral values." I see nothing about corruption in that statement.

A nit here, a nit there, pretty soon you are talking corruption. The real question is, this blatant? Maybe the voters like the devil they know, or KaGee nailed it.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

as long as we the sheeple allow the pigs to the trough we get what we asked for.
dont matter the party nor the promise, we get bled, they get fat.
until some fundemental changes are made the more it changes the more it will stay the sme.
good luck. however if there was some way the average joe could vote on term limits for all, NO retirement bennies for the house or senate or presidency, then come wake me up.
other than that us sheeple get it in the end.
me? I got grass to go chew.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

rodbolt said:
as long as we the sheeple allow the pigs to the trough we get what we asked for.
dont matter the party nor the promise, we get bled, they get fat.
until some fundemental changes are made the more it changes the more it will stay the sme.
good luck. however if there was some way the average joe could vote on term limits for all, NO retirement bennies for the house or senate or presidency, then come wake me up.
other than that us sheeple get it in the end.
me? I got grass to go chew.

My sentiments, exactly.

So the Preamble should read, We the Sheeple in order to form a more perfect pasture, establish a pecking order insure grazing tranquility provide for grass growth and promote those on welfare do ordain and swallow this precedent. :)