Iranian Weapons Arm Iraqi Militia

crunch

Commander
This can't be true. Iran has categorically denied they supply weapons or training to the Militias in Iraq.

WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2006 — U.S. officials say they have found smoking-gun evidence of Iranian support for terrorists in Iraq: brand-new weapons fresh from Iranian factories. According to a senior defense official, coalition forces have recently seized Iranian-made weapons and munitions that bear manufacturing dates in 2006.

This suggests, say the sources, that the material is going directly from Iranian factories to Shia militias, rather than taking a roundabout path through the black market. "There is no way this could be done without (Iranian) government approval," says a senior official.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/IraqCoverage/story?id=2688501

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Iranian Weapons Arm Iraqi Militia

Are they sure it's not the CIA?
I hear that Ortega guy is getting uppity down south ;):devil:.....JK

LubeDude

Admiral

Pelosi will ask Iran to "PLEASE" stop doing that! Problem solved!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

A topic by crunchymeister and a first response from haut... I had to come in and see the train wreck!

What a disappointment....

crunch

Commander

Sorry Frog... Hauts response is to be expected, not Nuked. :p

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

wonder what ol' Oliver North is up to these days...

PW2

Commander

Surely no one should be surprised at this.

According to many reports, Iran has more influence in Iraq than the US has.

Just curious. What international law says we can invade another country to protect our interests, and at the same time bans another country's attempts to intervene to protect theirs?

crunch

Commander

It's the law of the biggest stick.

txswinner

Banned

Yeah and it has worked well for us. NOT!!!!

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

txswinner said:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

It used to when the people had a backbone and supported its government and believed in America. Now some are more concerned how we appear to the world and doing what the world wants us to do than to do what needs to be done and do it right.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

EricKems said:
txswinner said:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

It used to when the people had a backbone and supported its government and believed in America. Now some are more concerned how we appear to the world and doing what the world wants us to do than to do what needs to be done and do it right.

Sounds like you're saying that whomever disagrees with the American government has no backbone nor belief in America.

Surely that's not what you mean. As far as I know, there have always been those who have enough love of country and enough backbone to publicly state their disagreement.

crunch

Commander

txswinner said:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

Your record is skipping again. :p

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

jtexas said:
EricKems said:
txswinner said:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

Sounds like you're saying that whomever disagrees with the American government has no backbone nor belief in America.

Surely that's not what you mean. As far as I know, there have always been those who have enough love of country and enough backbone to publicly state their disagreement.

Not what I am saying at all, but there is much more of it today than the past. Disagreement, IMHO, is what made this country strong. But I think it is being done for the wrong reason these days. It is done to divide rather than improve the USA. I respect everyone's right to say what they think or feel, but it must work both ways.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Eric, your arrogant statement embodies why the rest of the world treats us with disdain.....
Frankly, I can't imagine what it would be like to live in another country & have have to live under the credo, "W" knows best....+o(
What jtexas said is very true & bears closer inspection by Dumba/Ditto heads.......JK

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Haut said:
Eric, your arrogant statement embodies why the rest of the world treats us with disdain.....
Frankly, I can't imagine what it would be like to live in another country & have have to live under the credo, "W" knows best....+o(
What jtexas said is very true & bears closer inspection by Dumba/Ditto heads.......JK

Pull your head out of your...err..the sand. The world disdains us because of who we are and the freedoms we have. We used to be a "Super Power". The left has made us a Duper Power.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Eric,
A. unless you've had a private conversation with txswinner in which he confided in you his reasons for his point of view, then it is arrogant, dishonest and inflamatory for you to tell us his reasons.

B. you may believe that world opinion is irrelevant; many disagree, some of them are republicans. We don't exist in a vacuum. Whether we lIke it or not, we have to get along with the rest of the world; we don't have to like 'em, and they don't have to like us, but we're stuck here with 'em. World opinion shouldn't be the driving force behind all our actions, but we can't afford to ignore it either.

C. we were certainly the world's superpower 10 years ago; if we aren't anymore, and if you're looking to blame someone...well, why not give it some actual thought instead of your canned "the left did this" or "the libs did that". Sounds kind of whiny.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I don't know where you got A from, but I can agree with you on B and as for C, it comes from all the lefties blaming all of the USA's problems on President Bush. What, can dish it and not take it.?I am tired of the chicken sh@t cheap shots, and I'm whiny? Whatever. Never heard you say that to Haut, Tree or PW or anyone from the left....hmmmmm

crunch

Commander

Whether we lIke it or not, we have to get along with the rest of the world;

Echos of Rodney King as the riot escalated.

In a perfect world the West and Islam would live shoulder to shoulder and everything would be peachy.... it's not a perfect world and Islam as a religion is expansive.... violently expansive.

If we don't nip it in the bud, or at least contain it until it melts down on it's own we'll be in a war that will make the second one look like a bar room scuffle.

Iran, right now is building a "heavy water reactor". They say it's only for medical isotopes, but the main by-product is Plutonium. Now if all they wanted were the medical by-products, they could buy them on the open market for the next 1,000 years for what they will spend on the new reactor.... Hmmmmmm.

I guarantee you, if Islam get the “bomb”, they will use it.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

This is where point A. comes from:

EricKems said:
txswinner said:

BRING HOME THE TROOPS

note the part where you say "more concerned about how we appear to the world and what the world wants us to do" as a direct response txswinner.

As far as point C. - I understand that your reason for not giving any thought to the issues is payback for what others have done. I understand that to be a fairly common and perfectly valid method of deciding how to behave - how's it workin out for ya?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

custombycrunch said:
Whether we lIke it or not, we have to get along with the rest of the world;

Echos of Rodney King as the riot escalated.

In a perfect world the West and Islam would live shoulder to shoulder and everything would be peachy.... it's not a perfect world and Islam as a religion is expansive.... violently expansive.

If we don't nip it in the bud, or at least contain it until it melts down on it's own we'll be in a war that will make the second one look like a bar room scuffle.

Iran, right now is building a "heavy water reactor". They say it's only for medical isotopes, but the main by-product is Plutonium. Now if all they wanted were the medical by-products, they could buy them on the open market for the next 1,000 years for what they will spend on the new reactor.... Hmmmmmm.

I guarantee you, if Islam get the “bomb”, they will use it.

You clearly have spent many years studying under the greatest Imams in the greatest Mosque's in the world to have developed such a thorough understanding of this religion, to be able to speak about it with such authority. Luckily for us, you don't have that great a following.