Boating now illegal!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Boating now illegal!!!

Hmmm... America, what has happened?

How do these people get put into positions to make these decisions?

Ken

Pony

Rear Admiral

I was wondering the same thing Ken. I can't imagine this will manifest into much of anything, but it is certainly asinine.

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

It is BS like this that deface the legal community in whole. There are countless rulings that reflect a landowners rights end at waters edge, Period.
Ok The Blood Pressure is reaching critcal mass, i am done with this FOR NOW.

JRJ

Commander

The judge is just a good 'ol southern democrat nominated by clinton........this too will flush:love:

crunch

Commander

Arrrrg, hang him, keel haul him, draw and quarter him, then make what's left walk the plank.

Obviously this judge has meet the useful end of his tenure... it will be over turned in a higher court, but you have to ask... what the hell was he thinking?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Judge James Kirk left out , "To boldly go where no man has gone before" :).....
Seems dumb, but without knowing the statutes, who can say if the ruling is wrong & that it may need amending?
I do like the "Blame Clinton" angle though.....:}......JK

JRJ

Commander

Now I'm pretty sure the judge just had a senior moment:} Give the old guy a break:%

ZmOz

Captain

That's funny, I'm currently seeking permission to build a dock on the river in front of somebody else's property on the state owned banks. Somebody from the state of Oregon just told me that's perfectly legal on the phone...

oddjob

Commander

Haut said:
Judge James Kirk left out , "To boldly go where no man has gone before" :).....
Seems dumb, but without knowing the statutes, who can say if the ruling is wrong & that it may need amending?
I do like the "Blame Clinton" angle though.....:}......JK

Just not as much as the blame Bush angle you stand proudly behind today..:}

LubeDude

Admiral

ZmOz said:
That's funny, I'm currently seeking permission to build a dock on the river in front of somebody else's property on the state owned banks. Somebody from the state of Oregon just told me that's perfectly legal on the phone...

Yes it is, especially on navagable waters. Here on my own lake, if you have lake frontage, someone can go to the state and apply to lease the lake frontage in front of your house. They will however ask the land owner if he wants to lease it first. So here he is with lake frontage that he isn`t paying for and now he has to lease it from the state to keep someone else from leasing it????????? Also, the state owns the land under the lake up to the normal high water mark, therefore in times like this year with low water anyone can pul;l there boat up in front of your haouse, pitch a tent and have a great old time as long as they don`t walk up past the high water mark if you havn`t leased the land in which you can then post a no trespassing notice.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Well, ye best stop work now or be hung from the highest yardarrrrrm!.....
Don't say I didn't warn ye! :)........JK

ZmOz

Captain

LubeDude said:
Here on my own lake, if you have lake frontage, someone can go to the state and apply to lease the lake frontage in front of your house. They will however ask the land owner if he wants to lease it first. So here he is with lake frontage that he isn`t paying for and now he has to lease it from the state to keep someone else from leasing it?????????

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing on the river. Can you imagine paying all those bucks for riverfront property and then having me show up with permits? :^ d:)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I'll buy all of your soon to be very cheep boats8)8)

That judge certainly qualifies for a Richard Cranium award:%

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

This makes pirates of us all!

Bring out the long nines!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

but just think of the added land tax it will generate.
if they own it and its private its taxable.
this ruling could generate billions of tax dollars, and the associated back taxes.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I'm going into business selling Jolly Rogers.

Seriously though, this guy is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I think someones cheese just slid off thier cracker!

Why can't this judge sit at a bar and pass the work onto someone else. It works around this area.