Bass attack

derwood

Chief Petty Officer
You guys are missen it!<br /><br />I have this white cat....I've had her for quite awhile now and i think she's getting cathimmers disese.<br /><br />For the fifth time in the last 4 months she has gotton up on top of my fish tank (F.W. tank) and proceeds to get herself a drink.<br /><br />Now thats fine with me....but....she keeps forgetting about my three Bass.<br /><br />They see her comming a mile away....she gets up on the rim and puts her face down to get a drink.....<br /><br />By this time the Bass have come out of there hole in the plastic log and are poised for their sneak attack.<br /><br />As soon as her little worm looking tongue starts lapping up the water the biggest of the three Bass fires up the jets and....KA-BLAM, POW, SPLASH.<br /><br />In that very same instant all you see is this big eyed white blurr of light.....attached to a Bass by her now longer pink tongue....streaking twoards the ceilling like a meteor.<br /><br />She never makes it all the way to the roof.....and what goes up must come down right?<br /><br />The rim of that tank is an awful small target for a skydiveing cat....She has'nt hit the rim yet.<br /><br />The way she moves to get out of that tank you would swear it's full of Pirana.<br /><br />By the time it's over I've got a wet cat well on her way to a nervious break down.....panting.....all out of breath.....and none to happy, I'm rolling around on the floor splitting my guts and the bass is swimming around the tank with all his fins fluffed out like he is all that and a bag of chips.<br /><br />Kinda reminds me of David and Golieth the redneck eddition. :D <br /><br />Circuswood.

sloopy

Commander
Re: Bass attack

here is a picture of your cat that I took when I was bussy stalking!<br /><br />
drunk.jpg

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Derwood,<br /><br />I bet that is a sight to see. Bass vs Cat Usually its the cat trying to catch the fish. <br /><br />Man you should record the event and send it to one of those funny video TV shows. You might win. <br /><br />How big are the bass?<br /><br />My side would be sore from laughing so hard.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Thats funny 00-Boaty....I think i'll keep that picture for laughs. :D <br /><br />I would take a picture and post it but my digital camara is so slow that i can't get the picture off before its all over.<br /><br />I will try to get a picture of it if i can just as its fixen to happen....mabey by the time the flash goes off she will be getting got.<br /><br />Your right i should get it on video and send it to America's funnyest home videos....you never know.<br /><br />The bass are about 6" long and i got them out of my pond and put them in my fish tank....I have the kids catch minnows and grass shrimp for them to eat along with any tree frogs that happen along under the porch light outside the front door.<br /><br />An occasional fat worm goes in for a treat.<br /><br />Derwood.

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does the water stay clean and clear. I have wanted to do the same thing but thought that bass and bream would be a big mess.

Fishbusters

Ensign

As has been mentioned before EVERYTHING in the wild here has an autitude. Even small bass are attacking and trying to eat cats. I think people now understand our need to develop our own style of dealing with the dangers of fishing in the south. <br />I have kept bream and bass as well as a catfish or two and as long as you have an aquarium of a proper size and set up it is no harder than keeping other fish.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

ROFLMAO!!! Cats....What can ya do. Oh man I'm still laughing! When my cat,Bootz was a kitten, we had a tank full of coy. Bootz would terrorize them daily. One day, I came home from werk,and all the fish were dead. The tank lid with a lamp in it was floating around with the sushi. There was water on the floor in every room of the house.<br />Bootz was found later that night, cowering under our bed.She obviously wasn't 'right',as she was real jumpy for about a week. We think she took a good jolt. <br /><br />She was curious ,even for a cat. She loved my boat,and would make a point of climbing in it, whenever I removed the cover...So I loaded her up, and took her fishing with me once...But that's another story.<br />She has been M.I.A. for almost a month now. I don't think she is comming back, and probably that curiosity got her little arse in a noose.<br />I miss her,as she was never dull,and was ALL cat. She could catch and kill anything her own size,and they would not know what hit them! Amazing to watch in action!<br />She had no fear (except for that fishing trip).

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

I'm sorry to hear about your cat....mabey he will come back....cats are strange and sometimes mine go off for a couple of weeks before they come back. (the males that I have had....The cats I have now..2..are females and live inside)<br /><br />They don't need you to give them anything but food and a open mind. ;) <br /><br />They are alot like girls in a way....You can't ever hope to know what makes them tick, But they sure are fun to have around. :cool: <br /><br />And they don't Sh!t on the living room floor :) <br /><br />Want to get a laugh....get a couple of rubber bands and a couple of rappers from some ciggerettes and put them on all 4 feet....If you can....I call it the cat dance. :D <br /><br />Before I met my wife she owned a couger....The ladie next door was so scared she made a big fuss to the county and they made her give it up to a zoo.....What a shame! :( <br /><br />Catwood.

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We use to put tape on the bottom of the cats feet for the cat dance. <br /><br />I guess you could say I was cat fishing. I would take a plastic fishing worm and tie it to the fishing line on a fishing pole( I didnt use hooks :D ) The cats would chase it all over the place. One cat would slap the worm and the worm would wrap around its paw. The cat would hit the after burners in reverse, kicking, spinning, and jumping trying to get away from the worm that grabbed its paw. If you set back and watch cats, they can be really funny.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

One of my cats is a mean SOB to everyone but my wife and I. A buddy brought his yellow lab over one night and accidentally let it sneak in the front door. That tough cat was on top of the dog's back in an instant! All around the house knockin stuff over, hair flying, the dog had to run under a bench to knock the cat off. Dog flew out the door, buddy slammed it shut and turned after his dog who was heading for the hills when the cat leapt onto the screen and hung there screaming at the dog.<br /> House was a mess, dog was gone, cat was ticked, we were all rolling! Really, the cat is a big baby with the wife and I..

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya oughta watch my little Manx KO a pigmy rattler. I've seen her do it twice. You don't want to interrupt her attention, though! She can bap them things in mid air as they strike at her. Sometimes she just dodges, and they go right by in the air. After about three or four strikes, they're all wrung out....Chow time!

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Now thats a bad cat beernutz, killing and eating rattle snakes.
jawdrop.gif
<br /><br />A cat with some serious gung-fu moves. :D <br />Has she tryed a cotton mouth yet. I bet this cat could woop a tree rat and a possom.

Beernutz

Petty Officer 1st Class

She's not very big, but tough. She just showed up as a kitten one day, and been living with us for 4 years. Got a tail about an inch long. Vet sez she's a Manx, and that's the way she was born. I think her daddy was a bobcat.<br /><br />Don't have any stinkin' mocasins around anymore. Used to run into 'em too regularly before she showed up. Citrus rats seem to be gone, too. Ya think???<br /><br />The only things she won't mess with are possums, armadillos, and big coons. One of them coons threw her up against the glass door one night when they were arguing over a turkey neck. Never heard such a racket. Gators keep the coon population down, though. Pretty wild out there some nights! Cats are too smart to fool with a gator. Dogs are another matter. They disappear pretty regularly.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

we live in the country where cats are a must!<br />2 cats, both great hunters. one chow's it's catch<br />right down and the other likes to play with it<br />for a while...<br />well killer has a frog at the back door as I come<br />in and has already eaten one of it's legs. so I<br />take it from her because my wife will freak if she brings it into the house and I put it in the kitchen trash can wrapped in a paper towel.<br /><br />next morn I stumble outa bed into the kitchen to<br />get some coffee started. half asleep, I go to dump<br />the grounds into the trash can under the sink.<br />as I stick my arm in to dump, that FRI66IN one<br />legged frog jumps right up the sleeve of my robe.<br />you would have thought it was a Cougar the way<br />I freaked out. :eek: <br />needless to say, I awoke everyone in the house and<br />they all stood in a cirlce around me laughing their<br />a$$es off until I started laughing too. :D <br />they still kid me about it years later....

D

DJ

That Rattlesnake eating cat is something else. He's smart not to mess with coons, they have teeth in both ends.<br /><br />I had a cat until one year ago. He was with us for 20 years. He was **** on bugs. He also hated fire, you COULD NOT keep a lit candle in the house. When we moved here he decided to be our designbated Scorpion hunter. We would find "leftovers" from time to time around the house. At first I was concerned until the vet told me that most cats are immune to Scorpion venom.<br /><br />I sure do miss that cat-Sammy.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Beernutz,<br /><br />Every cat I have had except 2 have been manx. The cat in question in this post is a pure white semi long haired princess.<br /><br />Manx cats move diffrent than regular cats....they do not have a tail for balence and their bodys have adapted to that.<br /><br />All of my cats have either one tail vertabra or none. They are all a mix of breeds but I chose to keep only the ones that come out manx and have since gotten kittens that are all manx....I still get one with a tail now and again though.<br /><br />With a mix of breeds as long as my sleeve you never know what color your going to get and you wont untill they are a little older if they are born offwhite.<br /><br />I had one that was born just offwhite....when he was 6 months old he was the color of a siamese cat with a tan tabby stripe under coat....a coon mask and one vertabra that had long hair on it the color of used motor oil....When he got mad at something his tail would puff out like a pom pom dipped in ink.<br /><br />This paticular cat was a card and his name was Simba....when he first learned to clime a tree he went up the 70 ft hickory in my front yard....He was missing for days and we thought that a bobcat or fox had eaten him....<br /><br />I was on my way out to work about three days after he had flown the coop and heard this faint meow from the fork of the tree about 25 ft in the air...I walked around the tree and sure enough there he was....and there he was stayen too.<br /><br />I told my wife he got up and any self respecting feline would get himself down....so off to work I went.<br /><br />He was still there when I got home so I thought I would coax him down....It worked but not without its drawbacks.....I guess that he figured since he went up head first he could come down head first....Its all good except that his claws only go in one direction witch he found out after he passed the point of no return.<br /><br />Without the tail his righting mecanisem was not working to well and he was plumeting twords the ground with less than cat like dignity.<br /><br />My kids were telling me to catch him but looking up at a crazed cat that looked more like a skydiving tazmanean devil there was no way in h#ll I was even going to try.<br /><br />He hit the ground and we all knew at that moment that tiggers do not always bounce....kinda more like a PLAP...no bounce though.<br /><br /> He was mad at me after that and on more than one occasion did he drop a half dead squirle on my head from the roof above the front door....
hairaiser.gif
<br /><br />Yall got some bad to the bone cats....scorpions and rattlesnakes....look out Shoafin....here comes Cat FU.
devil.gif
<br /><br />Catwood.

Mike NZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd like to post a picture of my cat but she's to fat for the scanner."Honey,where are the truck key's? My young son was curious as to how people killed their cats and left them on the side of the road. He decided they must hold them by the tail and push them onto the road when a car goes past.'Very good son'. So may cats,so few recipe's.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

DSC00034.jpg
<br /><br />Dang....I don't understand why some pictures are so big and others are not....I take them with the same camara....all I do is download them to the computer.<br /><br />Oh well....This is her...Her name is Nala and she is a prissy little fluffball....she walks on air and is very quite....and a grade A, #1 mouser.<br /><br />By far my faviroite cat of all time.<br /><br />Catwood.