Saved my dirt bike from certain death

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Man I love Ebay.<br /><br />I have a 1976 Kawasaki KE125. Not exactly a common bike.<br /><br />Two months ago, I was taking my last lap around the deer lease, all of a sudden the rear locked up. The chain jumped off, but worse yet, a chunk of crankcase blew off. Turns out my shift shaft was bent and it caused the case to crack. The sudden shock of the chain jumping off finally caused the case to bust open. End result, engine would run, but gearbox had huge hole and all the oil leaked out. I pushed it back to the truck, loaded it up, and thought that would be the last time I could ride it.<br /><br />Well, last week, I was messing around on ebay and low and behold there was a complete motor and other parts. Total price including shipping - 40 bucks.<br /><br />I got the parts, some new gaskets and seals, slapped it together, and it fired up in three kicks.<br /><br />Man, nothing feels better than a job well done.<br /><br />Oh yea, I bought the bike on ebay for 300 bucks last year.<br /><br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Saved my dirt bike from certain death

Some love to curse e-bay, KIZ, but it can be an invaluable resource. You just proved it. Where else could you have found those parts and purchased them at a reasonable price.<br /><br />BTB, I used to have a 70'ish Kawa 175 enduro. It was quick for a little thing but if I started it and ran it for a couple of short runs, I had to clean the plugs before it would start again. I switched to 100:1 synthetic and that thing would fire, every time, on the first kick. I kept it a couple more years and sold it to a friend. He used it for quite a few more years.

one more cast

Captain
Re: Saved my dirt bike from certain death

I just bought a NEW Ruger walnut stock for my deer rifle. New from Ruger price $300<br /> New on eBay $90 including shipping.<br /> When I sit down at the pc the first three things I check are email, iboats, and eBay.<br /> I'm happy you found your parts so quick. sometimes I have to wait a long time to find what I am looking for at a price I am willing to pay.