1989 35hp Force: Can't shut off

I just bought a 1989 35hp Force, it starts and runs fine but I can't "kill" the motor except by closing the carb. Can anyone help or send me a wiring diagram for the kill switch??

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 35hp Force: Can't shut off

On the back of the ignition switch there should be 2 terminals labeled with the letter "m".<br /><br />A blue wire from the wiring harness and a blue wire from the kill switch should be attached to one of the "m" terminals.<br /><br />A white wire from the wiring harness and a white wire from the kill switch should be attached to the other "m" terminal.<br /><br />Connecting the blue and white by tripping the kill switch, or connecting the blue and white by turning the ignition key to off, will ground out the ignition and stop the motor.

I checked the wiring and all is right, I tried to jerry-rig it and still nothing.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I would check over all the wiring at both ends. Especially the blue and white wires, and the ground wires. Broken wire or loose connection and it may not ground out like intended.<br /><br />Another option is a bad ignition switch, but I believe the kill switch should still function.

Good news I bypassed the kill switch and built my own kill switch. Thanks for the help