FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,<br /> I am a new boater and I just bought a bayliner with a 1988 Force 85hp motor on it. I noticed a switch underneath the motor that reads engage/disengage, could someone please explain what this is for?<br /><br />Thanks Randy
Just a guess here but I believe it is to lock motor in down position. If it is not locked and you try and run it in reverse the bottom of the motor will jump out of the water