Celebrity gauges

newshound

Recruit
I have a 1988 Celebrity 210V Cuddy, on which the dash gauges are slowly dying. Right now I am in need of a Tachometer and a temperature gauge, but figure it won't be long till they all die. These gauges are flat and mount inside the dash against a sheet of plexiglass. Local boat places say they were probably specialty items ordered by the boat manufacturer, which is out of business now. Anyone know where I can find replacements?

Mikedg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Celebrity gauges

Boat manufacturers buy there guages from a select group of companies or from the engine manufacurer as part of the power package. If you can pull one of the guages it should be marked with a manufacturer and model. If this leads no where, check with the manaufacturer of your engine directly.<br /><br />Hope that helps.

newshound

Recruit

still need help. Ebay had nothing like mine and neither did Mercruiser (the engine manufacturer).<br />Any more ideas anyone???

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Newshound: Heres a long shot but give em' a try as they have all kinds of odds and ends like gauge pannels and switch pannels ect.. Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft Pierce Florida..(772)-465-6460..Ps. there closed on mondays..

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if you find out who made the guages you have now,<br />it will be easier to find exact replacements.<br />pull one and see if you can let us know mfg./part#

newshound

Recruit

I've already pulled the gauges and there are no identification marks whatsoever. They are merely dial faces in a clear, square casing. The guts are in a small metal case about 3/4 of an inch deep and 1 1/4 inches across.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sounds like it was sold as a complete guage<br />package. anything on the back of the mounting<br />plate?