How do I bleed the precision Injection on my Yamaha?

snapperman

Seaman Apprentice
I have one of these fab Yamaha 90hp. It's been out of service for a while, I've just got it going on premix and have found the precision injection is not working. I suspect it has air in it as it has been lying on its side for over three months. I was advised it had a bleed screw but where? :confused: <br /><br />cheers <br />Snapperman

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: How do I bleed the precision Injection on my Yamaha?

If you are speaking of the oil injection, the bleed screw is on the oil pump, small philpps screw.

John from Madison CT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Bleed screw is located on the oil injection pump itself.<br /><br />It is a small phillips headed screw with a tiny gasket.<br /><br />You should see it no problem.<br /><br />Just to be sure though, I always run at least a couple of tanks of premix thru the engine and then look to see if the oil reservoir tank has a noticable change in volume.<br /><br />Good Luck,<br /><br />john

John from Madison CT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Clanton: Geez, what are the odds ? We posted an answer in the same minute.<br /><br />Time to buy a lottery ticket.<br /><br />John

snapperman

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks all,<br /> on my motor it appears to be a small screwdriver head not phillips and it's made of brass will try it later<br /><br />Many thanks<br /><br />Snapperman