Re-pitching props

Kiwi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have heard that you can have prop's repitched to a smaller/greater pitch - apparently quite successfully. I have a 85 Suzuki pushing a 16' FiGlass boat. When the motor was new it was incorrectly proped with a 21" stainless steel. (this boat used to be my dad's but is now mine !) The motor only reaches 4900rpm wide open with just me in it, so its a little to large for it. I have a 17" prop and that gets the rpm up to 5800 (from memory) so its a little on the high side but good for skiing etc. The manual states the rpm range is 4800 - 5500. I figure the best prop would be a 19" for this boat. Don't really want to buy an aluminium prop when I have a SS one that hasn't got a mark on it. Does anyone know how successful repitching is ? Can it be done to SS props or is it only for aluminium.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Mike

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Re-pitching props

yes, stainless can be re-pitched
smile.gif

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Re-pitching props

And quite sucessfully from What I have heard, I have read about this guy on several boards and he seems highly regarded, you may want to give him a call, let me know how it works out for you: http://www.bogerprops.com/index.html