FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1987 Mako 17 with 1987 merc 90/3 cyl power. Over the past few weeks the engine trim has risen to the full upward position on its own. When I try to toggle the motor back down I only get a click and nothing else happens.
Did you find a solution to this?<br /><br />My 1990 Merc 60hp has exactly the *opposite* problem; the trim "sags" slowly from most up positions. Electrical is fine; no trouble moving it up or down. Odd because the hydraulic is in compression when down, not when up. <br /><br />I asked about this at http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=29;t=013224 but no responses so far... <br /><br />John