I need gears for my 77' Johnny 35

imported_Warren

Petty Officer 1st Class
I need a Clutch Dog and Gears for my 77 35hp Johnson......<br />
P1010042.JPG
<br /><br />
P1010044.JPG
<br /><br />I sent out some emails and it looks like new the parts are going to cost me around $400....<br /><br />I need forward/reverse gears and a clutch dog....<br /><br />Does anyone know of a cheaper way for me to get these parts?<br /><br /> What other years of Johhny/Rude outboards share parts that I can buy???....Thanks in advance for any suggestions. <br /><br /> The dealer by my house screwed me so i'm on my own, don't have the funds to get it done........Warren

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: I need gears for my 77' Johnny 35

In a word, ebay. There's a few right now. Use these search terms:<br />(35, 35hp) (evinrude, johnson) (gear, gearcase, lower)<br />Looks like that set was used '77-'83 on the 35hp only. I don't know if other years will fit.<br /><br />Might be worth firing an email off to a few online junkyards too. tcoutboards.com, marinepartsoutlet.com, etc. Google "used outboard parts"

imported_Warren

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply Paul.....<br /><br /> I have been watching ebay like a hawk but all the parts i've seen have been used and i'm having a hard time spending $$$ on 30 year old parts....<br /><br /> If a whole motor comes up within 100 miles i'm jumpin on it......

G DANE

Commander

If those lower never had water in oil, everything normally looks like the day it was taken from the shelf when you open them up. I wouldt worry a second for a used part.