Evinrude 10hp

My little 9.9 evinrude will start and run then dies. im pulling the carb tommorrow and see. any suggestions?? it will run when i prime the bulb till it uses it and then dies?! thanks!<br /><br />Charlie

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 10hp

Be sure the system from tank to carb is sound.<br /> A very common problem when the primer bulb helps is a bad fuel pump,but air leaks or a bad connectors etc. can also cause similar trouble.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Not knowing what year your motor is I can't be sure what pump kit you need but:: you may find the part right here or at your friendly E/J dealer or in the 600 page NAPA auto parts Marine Products catalog,or a number of other options.

gss036

Commander

Ok, thanks, but my old link took me there and I was just reading it. I've got a 1976 9.9 sitting in my pole barn that I need to get out and run it. Ran great when I hung it on the wall. Always nice to refreshen your memory with that article.

DHPMARINE

Captain

I generally replace the pump.The kit and complete pump prices aren't all that far apart.One little mistake doing the rebuild,and you haven't made any progress,or eliminated any problems.<br /><br />DHP