Epson Printers?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Any one using the All-in-one Epson L210 inkjet printer with ink resevoirs, or the wireless version, the L355? You can buy a set of Epson refill bottles $78 or a set of generic bottles for $35.

I am tired of paying HP's prices for their cartridges and have not had any luck with various brands of refilled color cartridges. The Epson looks like a good way to go. One draw back I could see is that they do not have a control panel so you probably cannot Fax from the printer itself.

It also does not appear to have a document feeder for faxing or copying multiple pages.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sorry, I would not touch another ink jet printer as long as I live, with my wife's business we have been through dozen of printers in the last 20 years and the last ink jet I had was a Epson wide 6 ink printer that we ran bottles on, in the 2 years I had it, I had to replace the head twice because they would plug up. The next color printer I buy will be a laser color with multi function capabilities.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
.......The next color printer I buy will be a laser color with multi function capabilities......

Yeah, you and what bank? :eek: However, I understand your sentiment. We have a several year old Brother Wireless black and white laser which has been flawless and a near two decade old black and white HP 2100 laser. It also has been flawless. But of course, neither are color nor multi-function.

Keep an eye out for an affordable, Multi-function, wireless, color laser printer. I'd be first in line to buy one.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well, Boom Office Max has a wireless multi function color laser right now for $329 which is not a break the bank price, actually it is a pretty reasonable price for a Brother, which make good printers, they have a regular color laser on sale right now for $199 which is a Samsung, basically the same as the mono laser I currently have but with color. If you shop around, you can find color laser multi function printers for pretty good prices, I have not even looked on ebay lately to see what the wholesalers are selling them for.

I guess it comes down to your definition of affordable is.

Last edited:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Well, Boom Office Max has a wireless multi function color laser right now for $329 which is not a break the bank price, actually it is a pretty reasonable price for a Brother, which make good printers, they have a regular color laser on sale right now for $199 which is a Samsung, basically the same as the mono laser I currently have but with color. If you shop around, you can find color laser multi function printers for pretty good prices, I have not even looked on ebay lately to see what the wholesalers are selling them for.

I guess it comes down to your definition of affordable is.

That is certainly in the ball park, but only after I get done absorbing the $3500 for a head gasket job on my E150 service van. I'll have to take a closer look at the brother.

82rude

Rear Admiral
have the Epson nx215, and for what I want it for, its one of the best ive had.

thumpar

Admiral
Any inkjet will cost you a ton to run. They are throw away. Sometimes it is cheaper to get a new printer than to buy new cartridges. Lasers cost more upfront but the price per page is less. I work on printers as part of my other tech work.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
That might be the one. MT. They are even cheaper on Amazon, with free shipping. You can also buy generic toner cartridges for $95.00. I am sure they last quite a while. They also have another model that does duplex printing. They are about $75 more.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-MFC913...ords=mfc9130cw

Yup, that is the one I saw on Office Max's website, if you look on ebay, you should be able to find the toner cartridges for less than $95 I just looked on ebay and you can get a 5 pak of toner for like $50 bucks, new with factory warranty.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, I would not touch another ink jet printer as long as I live
Me too!

I was done a long time ago with inkjet printers. I only use B&W laser printers now. If I absolutely needed something in color, I would get a color laser or just have them done by someone.

I really like the Brother Lasers. I have one at each of my houses and we have them at work.

Last edited:

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
I bought an Epson workforce wireless 4 in 1 from OfficeMax over Christmas for $60 on sale. 4 individual cartridges at 10 each. They say I should get over 100 pages from them. Nice thing, I can only replace what's empty. I too was sick of hp ink that cost more than a printer.

fishrdan

Admiral
I picked up a Epson WF3520 at Target a couple months back for $60, it's been a great all-in-one printer. Generic ink is cheap for it, $16 for 12 cartridges from Amazon. I do agree with the others that inkjets are a pain, but they are cheap if you use generic ink. I have another HP inkjet printer and it's generic cartridges are about $1 each.

As for cartridges, I've had much better luck with the individual tank style cartridges opposed to the printhead style cartridge, the multi-color type that print directly from the cartridge. I hate that type and would never own one of them again as the print head invariably gets clogged up due to non-use, the refilled or generic cartridges are hit and miss, and OEM cartridges are ridiculously expensive.

I also have a mono laser, but it rarely gets used as most things we print need color.

thumpar

Admiral
I bought an Epson workforce wireless 4 in 1 from OfficeMax over Christmas for $60 on sale. 4 individual cartridges at 10 each. They say I should get over 100 pages from them. Nice thing, I can only replace what's empty. I too was sick of hp ink that cost more than a printer.
Most color toners are rated for 3500-5000 on the smaller units. The black is usually rated for more. If you calculate the price per page the lasers are a lot cheaper to run.

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Most color toners are rated for 3500-5000 on the smaller units. The black is usually rated for more. If you calculate the price per page the lasers are a lot cheaper to run.

3500 pages....That would last the rest of my life...I'm too young to buy my last printer

B

NYBo

Admiral
My last two printers have been Brother color laser all-in-ones. Very satisfied. The new one, and MFC-9340CDW, prints photos very nicely. I just replaced the black toner cartridge: $30 for a generic cartridge, good for 2500 pages.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
My last two printers have been Brother color laser all-in-ones. Very satisfied. The new one, and MFC-9340CDW, prints photos very nicely. I just replaced the black toner cartridge: $30 for a generic cartridge, good for 2500 pages.

What is the model of the new one, NYBo and why have you had two in a row?

This is the one I was looking at in my post above. It is considerably less expensive than the MCF-9340cdw. The one below is not a duplexing printer. Maybe your are?
[h=1]Brother MFC9130CW Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax[/h]

Last edited: