Wisconsin iboaters get together ??

eeboater

Commander
Re: Wisconsin iboaters get together ??

Hey Roscoe... if you want help organizing this, I'll lend a hand. Perhaps I'll develop a website where people can join.

hadvisor

Seaman Apprentice

Check this out<br /> http://webpages.charter.net/winnebago_rally/Index.htm <br />We have done this rally the last couple of years - probably one of the best weekends of the summer. Its a lot of fun to ride from Oshkosh to Fremont - there is a TON of water to explore. The rally started as Crownline only - last year there were all kinds of boats. Look me up if anybody is in the area - We keep our boat at Sweetwater marina(across from the Pioneer) in Oshkosh.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

hadvisor- looks like fun, quite a run for someone with a little boat like mine. Will have to see If I can make it some year.<br /><br />Thanks EE.<br />Not sure how formal we want to get with this.<br />Or how far people are willing to drive.<br />Some will drive 300 miles, others may only be willing to go 80.<br /><br />That's why I was "floating" (a little boating lingo) the idea, looking for feedback. Would like to make it easy for everyone. But the sooner we can pick a date and location, and make reservations for the ones that want to camp, the better.<br />I think it would be best to reserve the sites all at once, so they are close together. <br /><br />Thinking the activities should be day of boating or fishing and campfire socializing, bring your own food and drink.<br /><br /><br />Since there has been some interest in camping facilities, I have one location in mind. But will wait a few days before I pitch the location. It has 10 sq miles of water, wooded campsites w/elec, nice launches, centrally located, cheap !! and can be reserved. It has 60 miles of mostly undeveloped shoreline. And has plenty of motels within 20 miles for those that don't want to camp, or may want a place to crash before driving home. I'd be willing to bring a load of firewood and an extra tent (large) for anyone in need, and will share my site supplies with anyone that doesn't have their own camping gear.<br /><br />Now for the big question. Will we be going by our iboats screen names, or by our real names? :D <br /><br /><br />Lets narrow it down:<br /><br />Who can make it June 10th?<br /><br />Who can make it June 24th?

sangerwaker

Commander

My vote is June 10th, but I'm open to change that. As mentioned, I've little set in stone, so my schedule is pretty flexible.<br /><br />I really like the sounds of your "secret" location. I don't need a huge lake, although they can be fun, too. Would this lake happen to have any bays or coves? I agree we should reserve sites nearby if possible. I'll be needing one since we usually tent.<br /><br />I have tons of camping gear as well and can bring extra stuff if anyone needs it. I've got access to firewood as well, but I'll be limited on room for too much. I'll bring some, too. I have all of the stuff to cook with/on and anyone can use it if needed. We usually eat better camping than at home!<br /><br />Keep the ideas coming folks!

eeboater

Commander

Those two weekends are clear for me. So, I'll be able to go with either one. Maybe I should start a poll to see the interest?<br /><br />Is this location somewhere that people from the UP and MN could attend?<br /><br />After doing some rudimentary searching, has anyone ever heard of Petenwell Lake? Its 3 hours from MN, 3 hours from Chicago/Milwaukee area - just north of Wisconsin Dells. Kind of looks centrally located, and it is the second biggest lake in Wisconsin.<br /><br />Sean

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Was only on Petenwell once, many many years ago, don't know anything about its facilities. Place I am thinking about is 30 miles from the geographical center of the state, and has major highway access from 4 directions.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Did everyone lose interest so fast ?

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

So it's settled. Petenwell. Roscoe sets the date. Make it if you can. Bring your boat,gas,beer and playing cards cash. See ya there!!!!!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

This discussion has been continued HERE<br /><br />Please post any respones there.